Chpt. 12

Hermione Lestrange pov.

I was walking downstairs to go and eat dinner with my family.  This will be the first time that I will be meeting everyone one on one.  I am nervous about what they will say or think.

"Don't worry so much Hermione, you'll be fine."  Draco tells me.

I look at him and grin.  We all sit down and I notice that some of Draco's friends are also here.

I am sitting in between my parents while Draco sits in between his.  Blaise is right across from me and he smiles at me.  I smile back to be polite.  He is kind to me and without problem.  Blaise didn't question why I was here, he just spoke to me.

Everyone talks to eachother and talks about their day.

"Hey mom, do you think that maybe you can help me buy some clothes tomorrow?  I have my wand back but all my other stuff is in my bag which Ron and Harry have."

My mum turns to look at me with wide eyes and I grin at her.  She grins at me and nods her head.  Then I look at my dad.

"Hey dad, what did you do today?"

My dad smiles and kisses my head.

"I broke someone's nose today.  They were spouting to much from their mouth at the ministry today.  That place is crawling with parrots."  My dad says

I laugh at the comparison my dad made and explained it to those at the table who have no idea what we are talking about.

I look down the table and across from Draco is Pansy.  She has been giving me the side eye ever since dinner started.  This is about to get interesting since I can tell that Pansy wants to say something.

"Is there a problem Pansy?"

Everyone stops eating and talking.

"Pansy, I already told you what you shouldn't do."  Draco says to her

"Is there a problem?"  My dad ask Draco

Draco and my dad both get up from the table and walk out the room.  I look at Lucius and he is following them out.

"Parkinson, I don't care what you are or who you are but if you bring harm to my daughter in anyway, there will be consequences."  My mum says to Pansy deathly calm.

I put my hand over hers and smile.

"It is alright mom.  Pansy and I just never got along in Hogwarts."

My mum smiles at me and nods her head.

"Why would we get along?  You were raised by muggles and act like a muggle."  Pansy sneers and I feel my hand stop right before I put another spoonful of food in my mouth.

"Pansy, please don't start this.  None of us know the truth only they do."  Blaise starts to talk to Pansy

Just then my dad, Draco and Lucius walk back into the dining room and sit down.  They all notice how Pansy and I are staring at eachother.

"Seriously Pansy."  I hear Draco groan.

"Mad Pansy?  Well, get over it because we aren't friends and I see why."

"Why is that mudblood?"  Pansy snaps at me

I can feel everyone around me tense up.

"Are you insane?!"  I hear Draco ask Pansy but I don't care.

I have been called that ever since second year and no longer give that word a second thought but I will give Pansy my thoughts.

"You are incapable of anything that has to do with human interactions.  If you did then you would realise how I don't care what you call me.  Go ahead and call me a mudblood because I am Hermione Emma Lestrange.  I respect myself to much to care about the words that flow from your black hole that disappears whenever you shut up."

Pansy jaw drops as if she couldn't believe that I just insulted her.  I continue to eat my food nomatter how hard Pansy glares at me.

"Parkinson, eat your food and do nothing else."  Draco tells Pansy.

She looks like she will say something back but by the expression on Draco's face, I know she wouldn't dare.