Chpt. 23

Draco Malfoy pov.

I have been sitting on the couch in the living room of Hermione's room.  Our bedrooms have livinrooms in them.  Hermione has been moving around and making noise while unconscious but hasn't woken up yet.

Luna is wandering the halls trying to calm down.  She is very upset about the condition of her friend.

No one explained to Luna what the Order has done.  Luna now wants to stay by Hermione after hearing about what the Order had planned.

Blaise is sitting on the edge of Hermione's bed.  He is devastated about what happened.

"I should have been there with her.  I should have been the one to protect her."  I hear Blaise tell himself

"No, you were where you were suppose to be.  Stop blaming yourself Blaise.  If you want to blame anyone, blame the blood traitors and the Order, not yourself." 

Blaise looks surprised by my outburst but takes my advice.  I can't blame him because if that was Luna in that situation then I would be saying the exact same thing.

"When she wakes up, I am going to tell her."  I hear Blaise tell me.

I turn around from my position on the couch and look at him.

"Good luck getting away from Rodulphus."

He smirks at me and I smirk at him. 

"Hey Blaise, remember the yule ball."

Blaise grins and looks at Hermione.

Flashback to the Yule Ball...

I had heard Hermione and Ron argue at the table.  I just rolled my eyes at Ron's stupid and pathetic self.  She was definelty out of his league and doesn't even realise it.

I look over at Blaise and he looks like he is in a trance.  I grabbed his arm and dragged him out of the ball for a few seconds while leaving our dates looking stunned.

"Blaise, you need to stop and get over it.  You know that you can't."

Blaise looks down upset but then picks his head back up and masked his feelings.  My best friend then walked back in the Yule Ball with a look of stone.

End of flashback...

I am glad that I was never able to talk him out of it.  I am grateful for how he could never get Luna off my mind.  Then my mother walks in the room with Luna.

Luna looks at me and waves.  I give her a nod and she smiles sadly but brightly.  How can someone so sweet feel pain?  To have someone like Luna in your life is one in a million.  I am glad that I found my one.

"Blaise, we want to speak to you downstairs.  Draco and Luna, you both will stay up here with my niece."  My mother tells us and I can tell that it is serious.

This entire situation has everyone on edge.  Blaise looks at Hermione once more before leaving the room, very slowly.

After they leave, Luna walks over to Hermione and holds her hand.

"Do you think that she can hear me Draco?"  Luna ask me

"Yes, we are pretty sure that she can."

"Hermione, when you wake up then we can have pudding.  They have chocolate, vanilla, and something called Graham cracker.  I know that you made them for me since my arrival, thank you."  Luna says kindly to Hermione.

That was one of the sweetest talks I have ever heard in my life.  And note to self, Luna likes pudding.

"Draco."  Luna says my name.

My name sounds smooth when it escapes her lips.

"Yes, Luna?"

"Hermione just squeezed my hand."  Luna tells me and I get up and walk over to them both.