Chpt. 17

Hermione Lestrange pov.

I was speaking with Voldemort about our ideas.  We have our suspicions and so far we are correct.

All of a sudden, he takes in a sharp breathe.  I snap my head in his direction and walk over to him.

"Are you alright?"

"I am fine Miss Lestrange, it seems that Mr. Potter and Mr. Weasley have destroyed another one of my horcruxes."  He tells me then seconds later he seems fine.

We talk and continue our findings for the past few minutes and I can't get something off my mind.

He can feel the horcruxes as they are destroyed.  That makes me feel terrible.  I know that this might sound strange but I have a feeling that he is doing all of this for a purpose. 

Voldemort created laws among Death Eaters to protect the children of Death Eaters.  He has protected many and helped those who needed it.

Is there something wrong with the Order?
How did Voldemort become who he is?
Pansy said that he became this way for a reason.  I just wonder what that reason is.

"Is there something bothering you Miss Lestrange?"  Voldemort ask me and I look at him.  I really look at him.

"How did you become Voldemort?"

"That Miss Lestrange is a story for another time.  My story is not pleasant or depressing.  You see there is more to the past then you understand at this very moment."  He tells me

"You will tell me, won't you?"

"Yes, you will know the truth from me."  Voldemort promises me.

I nod my head and grin.

A Death Eater appears and he whispers something to Voldemort.  Voldemort sends the Death Eater away.

"It seems that we have another problem Miss Lestrange."  He says to me.

I look at him and frown.

"Well, what is it?"

"Miss Luna Lovegood's father seems to be saying some very untruthful things about Death Eaters and Mr. Potter."  He states

"You mean Xenophilius Lovegood.  That is all I know about him except from what Luna tells me."

"Yes, I have a mission for you.  It might be hard for you but it decides on who you protect."  Voldemort tells me.

I think for sometime and realise that the Order is wrong.  What they did is wrong and what they are doing is wrong.  I don't think that all of them know that though.  Ron already seems to know the full truth but Harry doesn't.  He seemed just as bothered as I was about the things that Ron said.

"What is my mission?"

"Bring Luna Lovegood here to Malfoy Manor."  Voldemort says

I just nod my head and continue my research.

Can I do it?  Can I really take Luna away from her father?
It seems that I don't have a choice in the matter.  I am going to uncover the truth.  Hopefully, Luna doesn't hate me.

Luna has always been a good friend to me even if she is a little different.  That is what makes Luna amazing.  Reasons like that is why I hope Luna will understand.