twelve.

"You need to make a free throw to pass Physical Education?" Parker asked Haley as she practiced free throws at the Rivercourt.

"Yes," Haley said bouncing the ball, "Now can you shut up? I'm trying to focus."

Haley shot the ball and it missed the rim, rolling into the grass. Parker didn't even try to hide her amusement as she laughed loudly and went to pick up the ball.

"It's not funny!" Haley exclaimed, "My GPA might die because of this."

"Haley you are literally dating a basketball star," Parker pointed out, "Ask him for help."

"No," Haley said firmly, "Nathan will see me shoot the ball and then he'll dump me."

Parker placed her hand over her mouth as she envisioned Nathan dumping Haley over her pathetic jump shot.

"Stop laughing," Haley said looking at Parker from the corner of her eye.

"I'm sorry," Parker said, "This is just too funny."

Haley shoots the ball again, this time it bounces off the side of the rim. Parker rebounds the ball and passes it to Haley who barely catches it.

"Oh! Can't you just have Jesse help me?" Haley asks, "He's so nice and he won't make fun of me."

Parker shakes her head, "Not even Jesse is nice enough to keep a straight face."

Haley frowns and shoots the ball again, this time the ball almost goes in the rim before bouncing out. Parker chases after the ball and walks it over to Haley.

"I have a question for you," Parker said, "What do you think about Brooke?"

Haley's eyebrows raise, "Brooke Davis?"

"Yeah," Parker said, "Like what do you think about her and Lucas?"

"I think Lucas is settling because he can't have Peyton," Haley answered, "But Brooke isn't terrible. Why are you asking?"

"I don't know," Parker said, but she knew exactly why she was asking. She was starting to get those weird feelings that she got around Brooke when she was younger, which was terrible since Brooke was dating Lucas and she was kind of sort of dating Jake. 

"Do you like her?" Haley asked. And Parker's mind slowly processed that Haley didn't mean it in a romantic sense, but a platonic one.

"She's different than what I was expecting," Parker said softly.

"Yeah," Haley said, "Me too."

Parker bounce passed Haley the ball, "Alright keep shooting. Seems as though we're going to be here awhile."

The next day at school, Parker and Haley were walking to class when Nathan came up to them.

"I'll catch you later," Parker said as she was about to leave the couple.

"Actually Parker, I need to talk to you," Nathan said, surprising both girls. Haley smiled and gave Nathan a kiss before walking to her next class. Parker stopped at her locker and turned to Nathan.

"What can I do for you?" Parker asked.

"I need a favor. Whitey wants to know he's making a difference and I was wondering if you could maybe write something or throw something together?" Nathan asked.

Parker smiled and went to put in her locker combination, "Haley has really done a number on you."

Nathan laughed, "Yeah I guess so."

"Okay," Parker said as she grabbed her books, "I'll put something together for you."

"Thanks, I owe you one," Nathan told her, grinning widely.