twenty-five

"You know I never gave you a wedding present," Parker said as she and Haley walked through the hallway, "Brooke gave you a great party and I-"

"Parker you don't have to give me anything," Haley said shaking her head.

"Yes I do," Parker insisted, "How about a car?"

Haley furrowed her eyebrows, "You're not buying me a car."

"Well it wasn't going to be a Maserati or anything, but if you and Nathan want a car that a little used, I might be able to help," Parker told her with a wide smile, "Just think about it."

Haley smiles at her and the two slow down when they see Mouth and some other guy in front of them.

"Parker. Haley. This is Felix," Mouth introduces as the guy looks them both up and down.

He zones in on Haley, taking a step toward her, "Girl you are totally fine."

"Dude, I am totally married," Haley says as she holds up her left hand, showing Felix the ring on her finger. Parker stifles her laughter behind her hand as Felix faces drops.

"Who's the father?"  Felix asks, just as Nathan comes up behind Haley.

"A little close, aren't you?" Nathan says, sizing Felix up.

"Oh I guess it's you," Felix answers his own question. Haley grabs Nathan's arm and heads in the other direction, leaving Parker with Felix and Mouth.

"She's not pregnant, but they are married," Mouth quickly informs Felix.

"Yeah, yeah. I saw the ring. Guess she likes poor guys," Felix says, his attention quickly shifting to Parker, "What about you? You married too?"

Parker laughs, "No."

Felix smirks at her, "Good to know."

He takes off in the same direction that Haley and Nathan went, and Parker turns on her heels and watches as he leaves. Mouth stands beside her and Parker looks over at him, "Get me off of his radar, pretty please?"

"I'll do what I can," Mouth says with a laugh.

Parker heads toward her lockers and grabs her books. She hadn't really been keeping track of time or the lack of people in the hallway as the bell rings, indicating that she's late for her next class.

"Damn it," Parker muttered as she closed her locker.

"Um excuse me," a voice said, causing Parker to turn around. A really pretty girl stood in front her, looking extremely nervous.

"Hi," Parker said, "Are you new here?"

The girl smiled, her nose scrunching slightly, "That obvious?"

"No, I've just never seen you around before," Parker told her, "I'm Parker. Parker Taylor."

She held her hand out and the girl took it, shaking gently.

"I'm Anna Taggaro," the girl, Anna, introduced herself.

"Have you gotten your schedule?" Parker asked as she let go of Anna's hand. The new girl nodded and reached into her pocket, pulling it out and showing it to Parker.

"Oh we have first period together," Parker says as she hand the schedule back to Anna, "You're a lifesaver. I thought I was going to be late to class."

Anna laughs, "You're still late, just with an excuse."

"And since you so kindly volunteered to be my excuse, I volunteer to show you to the rest of your classes," Parker tells her smiling kindly.