nine.

"Worst friend of the year goes to me," Parker said entering Karen's Café. Haley smiled from behind the counter, but Parker could see it didn't meet her eyes.

"It's okay," Haley said, "I'm fine."

"No, you aren't," Parker said, "Which is why I came to tell you that Nathan didn't share your note."

Haley looked up at her, "You're joking."

"I was at the party the entire time. Nathan was too busy wallowing to be an asshole," Parker explained, "Hence me being the worst friend of the year."

Haley looked at her thoughtfully before glancing at the counter and shaking her head, "It doesn't matter. Nathan is bad news whether I like him or not."

"Haley-"

"No, you were right Parker. I should have been careful," Haley said sighing, "I have to work, we can talk later."

"Okay," Parker said taking a seat at the counter, "Then I want some coffee."

Haley stared at her before pouring her a mug of coffee. Knowing how Parker liked her coffee, Haley didn't even need instructions and she added milk and sugar and topped it off with whip cream.

"There you go," Haley said with a fake smile, "Enjoy."

Haley headed to wait at another table and Parker sighed, feeling like the worst friend in the entire world.

The door of the café opened, and Parker looked over her shoulder to see Brooke walk in, her eyes dancing around the café. When she saw Haley, she made her way over to the tutor. Parker watched as Haley rolled her eyes and made her way over to the counter where Parker was sitting.

"We're closed," Haley said, not even looking up at Brooke. The cheerleader glanced around at the other patrons in the shop before realizing what Haley had meant.

"Closed to me, I get it," Brooke said, "Look you can't be mad at Nathan for what I did. I was drunk and pissed and then I found your note and I lashed out. Please let me make it up to you."

"By going away?' Haley asked, looking up from what she was doing.

Brooke laughed, "I'm hooking you and Nathan up tonight. What's your idea of a perfect date?"

"Watching you get hit by a bus," Parker began to choke on her coffee at Haley's words. The two girls looked at her concerned as Parker began a coughing fit.

"Sorry," she muttered once the coughing began to subside.

"Nathan will be here at seven," Brooke said before looking back over at Parker, "Can I talk to you outside?"

Parker clears her throat and nods as she follows Brooke outside the café.

"I wanted to thank you for staying with me last night," Brooke said softly in a tone that Parker had never heard before.

"Well you made a lot of enemies last night, I didn't need you getting murdered on my conscience," Parker said, causing Brooke to laugh.

"Well thank you anyway," Brooke said, "I should get going, the Brooke Davis apology tour is quite long."

"I bet," Parker said with a laugh. Brooke waved before heading down the street. Parker headed back inside Karen's Café, where Haley was waiting for her.

"What was that about?" Haley asked as she cleared off a table.

"I took Brooke home last night," Parker said with a shrug, "She just wanted to thank me."

"Are you two friends now?" Haley asked her.

"I think so," Parker answered, "Well I'm going home to take a long nap. Good luck on your date with Nathan," she said with a smile. Haley hit her on the shoulder, but there was a hint of a smile on her face.