instincts (1)

[NO SHIPS] [EVO/HERMITCRAFT CROSSOVER] [READ THE AN DOWN BELOW IF YOU WANT TO UNDERSTAND THE AU]

For the sake of this story, once you change server, you remember nothing about the previous one you were in ( besides the hermits, they weren't affected by this rule). Grian (of course its grian) goes to hermitcraft from evo, and also for the sake of this story, in evo, he wasn't as much as a gremlin as he truly was. He was about as crazy as he is in Hermitcraft. [this didn't really happen in evo] grian actually did things like the head hunt (not with heads, cause they didn't exist yet, but with poppies named "1 point 4 you!", placed in chests) or the build height competition, that was where he'd gotten the ideas when he was in the Hermitcraft server , tho he didn't know he got them from there. until he starts remembering.

You see, players knew when they had to leave their server, it wasn't really an active choice, it was really an instinct they got, a feeling in the pit of their stomachs. The evolutionists were no exception.

And when Grian's turn came.

His friends couldn't do anything.

You can't go against instinct.

The memories were going to have to fade, just like the other people who had left.

The poppy hunt.

The build height competition.

It was all forgotten the moment he stepped through that portal...

Or was it really...?

The moment he stepped out of that portal-- or rather tumbled -- he was a new person, all he really remembered was his name and a few limited things, like his age and so.

So when people started stepping out of another portal right in front of him, looking more organized, as if they'd done this countless times, came over and spoke to him.

So he went with his instincts, and talked back, bantered, cracked a few jokes, as tho he knew them since... forever.

But where had he gotten that habit? Of being so good well-- socially.

Grian's pov

"Welcome to the hermits! uh.. what is your name?" asked the one in the middle, seemingly named, Scar.

"Grian!" I answered almost automatically-- Woah! where did that come from? I didn't know my name a minute ago...

"well nice to meet you grian!"

I turned and looked at a nice looking girl, she had short brown hair, did I mention she looked kind?

"Hullo! I'm stressmonster! but you can call me stress, love!" she said with an accent

I smiled and waved her hello too.

And many introductions passed... For some reason they reminded me of someone... but who even was it?

but then someone dropped the bombshell.

"What server are you from?"

I stopped in my tracks, with no answer, and I stared blankly- it was kinda awkward.

"Mumbo! don't be a spoon!" shouted a guy in a... turtle helmet?-- never mind that, he came over and whispered something in "Mumbo's" ears.

The mustachioed man was taken aback, and looked slightly guilty.

"Sorry about that I'm Xisuma!" Shouted turtle helmet guy.

I got out of my trance-like state, and shook his hand, questions about 'my old server' nagging at my mind.

No one's pov

Grian was utterly confused when the hermits sprinted away-- how were they running? What were those tall flowers? since when did they exist? The water also looked different-- but different from what?

He shook those thoughts off, running-- well, trying to sprint, and tripping a lot along the way-- towards the sunset, looking for somewhere he can call home--

his instincts taking over.

------------------------

A/N

I'm sorry about how short this is! I'll do my best to post something! but homework is a bitch. I'll likely post something later this week. 'Till next time!