existence

(mentioned grisuma) (not really grian centered, but AU where cub and scar find a portal that leads to another AU where grian never existed)

Doc and Scar were up to their usual shenanigans, spying on the hippie commune, checking their shops, working on builds ( mainly scar ) , nothing out of the ordinary.

Until they decided that using the nether portal system was better than taking the long way to hermit land.

There was a portal in between the masses, that just didn't seem right, it looked.. odd... maybe even diseased... it was a dead looking red color, the obsidian also, in a way, looked sick.

Scar wanted to move it to area 77, where captain angry eyes would take care of it. Doc tried to tell him that it was a bad idea, but it was too late.

The moment scar's pickaxe touched the strange obsidian, they felt as if they were going to hurl as their vision went red. Funny, it was the same shade as the portal.

When their vision went back to normal, they looked around the place they had spawned, it looked exactly like Hermitcraft, but the atmosphere was tenser, and hey notice the lack of any ridiculous builds, not a single grian head was in view, as they should be for many had been left over from the head hunt, littering the floors of spawn.

Doc furrowed his brows in confusion, as to add to that pile of strange things, all of Grian's builds were missing- and when I say all of his builds, I mean it.

Spawn looked war torn ,as it might have looked if grian hadn't changed the aim of the war to a game of capture the flag, plus it was deserted, only adding to the post-apocalyptic look.

Until they watched Xisuma walk by.

"X!" shouted scar running towards him.

"hey area 77." he answered with sarcastic enthusiasm "are you here to take my diamonds-- again? PLEASE GODAMMIT! I DONT HAVE ANY DIAMONDS ON ME RIGHT NOW!" he shouted with an edge to his voice.

The two vexes looked at each other in confusion

"What do you mean 'give us diamonds'?"

"DON'T PLAY DUMB WITH ME!" Shouted Xisuma, pulling his wrist away from Doc. Who had grabbed trying to keep Xisuma in one spot.

"WAIT! X! Have you seen grian around?"

"Grian? Who's Grian? You guys are mental...!" he mumbles as he walks away from the supposedly "mental" pair.

Now they were just- dumbfounded, how didn't Xisuma know who Grian was? Weren't they dating? And what even happened to this place? They'd cleaned up the damage the war had caused-- Why did this place look worse? Why was Xisuma scared of them?

I could easily fill up an entire chapter with their questions, needless to say they were confused.

But then it hit them-- How could they be such spoons! that's Mumbo's job!

The portal had probably taken them to another alternate universe!

It seemed this one was missing... Grian?

Scar and Doc looked at each other, their faces saying everything they had to say.

They were so gonna check this place out.

As they started with their little adventure, they came across joe's place, naturally, they were about to go in, forgetting that this wasn't their world for a second.

They saw something that shook them to the core.

Joe popped up, looking angered, sad and worried at the same time, seemingly not having seen them. He was waving around a sign that said 'end the war' , stress was besides him, looking disheveled, raising a similar sign; but it said 'STOP THE WAR! THERE IS NO PLAN(et) B' with a determined look.

They paled, was that why everything was destroyed?

It only got worse when they saw how divided the hermits were in this world.

The hippie commune was inexistent.

Mumbo was the (au's) convex's redstone slave, and had an empty look in his eyes.

Iskall was all for the war, he had seemingly lost his marbles long ago.

TFC was in hiding.

Ren was suffering from depression.

Doc was a war maniac.

The convex were cruel dictators.

Cub was long gone. It simply wasn't him anymore.

Keralis was murdered during the war, he was f a r t o o p u r e .

Impulse was profiting from selling nuclear weapons.

Jevin was a triple agent, switching sides when most profiting for him. It was that, that got him killed

False was going on a killing spree.

Cleo had turned into a mindless zombie.

Biffa too, had gone insane and was siding against doc in the war.

Things like the head hunt, sahara, the build height competition, the hippie commune, etc, never existed, and the server was a wreck because of it.

Who knew Grian played such a big part in server peace?

They sure didn't.

And they were basically, traumatized.

When they finally found a portal, those 2 hours had felt like forever, and they ran in, with a gut feeling that it would take them home.

And it did.

The moment they got there, Doc called a meeting, Grian was still on a trip, so he didn't even know about the meeting.

"Howdy!" shouted Joe as the last person to get there.

Scar almost teared up at all the hermits together.

"um.... Scar you ok?" asked Xisuma a bit surprised at the other hermit's reaction.

"I'm fine" answered Scar, cursing under his breath right after.

Xisuma was still confused, but Doc started talking, just ignoring him.

And they told their fellow hermits everything, everything about the strange world, about the other hermits' reactions to them, about the portal, about the things missing, about the war.

And they paled more and more as the stories continued.

And then Grian walked into the room.

"Hey guys! I'm back early. The train got there... early?" He said his speech slowing, as he looked at the dumbfounded and relieved looks on his friends' faces.

The hermits erupted into a series of shouts and cries, ending with--

"Thank you so much for existing!" at the bluntest or maybe even-

We love you.