day 8: Finding the perfect present - A/N

This one is se during the civil war, but it's serious, not just fun and games, and there's perma death)

Possible Triggers: suicidal thoughts, suicide attempt, and mentions of self harm

I just had to make one of these angsty :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grian roamed the shopping district, looking for the perfect presents for each hermit, who are at war as of currently.

He felt extremely guilty, as he thought that it was because of him that the war begun, that his friends fought.

As he passed hermits from opposing teams, he ducked his head, ashamed.

He knew that presents wouldn't fix the server's broken trust, especially not presents from him.

(Grian's POV)

I felt their glares on my back- I just want to get them presents... Christmas shouldn't be spent surrounded by hate and distrust... but I can't blame them, can I? It is my fault- Snap out of it! You didn't come here to wallow in self-pity! You came here to get them the perfect presents.

Just... take a deep breath and continue...

I entered cherry, Redstone might come in handy with the more technical hermits.

I couldn't think of any more presents- God! I'm so useless. Can't even get a good present.

I left the redstone It just... didn't feel right.

I sighed, how am I supposed to get the perfect present?-

then it hit me.

They don't want me... they want me and my pranks- idiocy gone.

That's it, that's the perfect present! I'd be killing two birds with one stone, getting rid of my ugly, selfish, stupid, self, and i'd be giving them exactly what they wanted.

I let the thoughts invade my mind as I flew home.

idiot. ugly, terrible, nobody'll miss you. heck, they'll be happy. You got so many of your friends hurt. you deserve this. you'll never deserve any affection. you're just a useless troublemaker, who doesn't even deserve life. Weak, go slit your throat. K I L L Y O U R S E L F .

(Nobody's POV)

Iskall had been trying to contact grian for weeks, it was almost as if he'd been purposefully avoiding him.

"Grian? Grian. Grian! GRIAN!" Iskall shouted after him, as he set off, almost as if he couldn't hear him.

Iskall was about to go after him, then he though about the events from right before 'maybe I should call the other hermits he might be in trouble- Should I call the opposing team...?' In the end, he decided to call them, it was awkward and suspicious, but, in the end they agreed.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Grian finished the letter, he set it down on his desk.

He slipped off his sweater, revealing a plethora of cuts littering his arms.

The small hermit took a shaky breath, and stared at his arms.

'God... i'm so weak...' he thought as the took a hold of the noose sitting on his desk.

He didn't know how long he sat there staring at it.

Did he really want to do this?--

His thoughts were interrupted by shouts coming down the hallway, some worried, some annoyed.

He fumbled around, panicked, struggling to get his sweater on fast enough and the letter and the noose in his desk drawer.

In his panicky state, he wasn't able to do either.

The hermits walked in, to the sight of a tear stained face and a noose on the floor next too him.

It took them a while to process what they'd just seen.

"Grian...?" Any anger Doc had gainst the mentioned hermit evaporated there and then.

"Just laugh at me, no need to stall" He said, his voice wavering.

"Gri W-Were you..." Asked Mumbo, dreading the answer.

He just turned his head, tears falling out.

Doc, terrified of what he saw, looked down, and saw a... Card at his feet? Dreading what it would be, he bent down and picked it up.

"Hey, If you're reading this, then i'm probably dead...

I'm sorry for being terrible, I caused the rift here, before I popped up, you were perfectly happy

I ruined everything, you guys could've died during the war...

I don't know what I would do if that had happened...

I hope you're happy now, think of this as my Christmas present from me to you.

Merry Christmas."

Once doc finished reading, the tears were already pooling down his face.

He threw the card across the room and joined in the hermit group hug.

"Grian. the war isn't your fault" He said, "And you're enough of a present to us, you're the perfect Christmas present"

Grian started crying again, but this time, they weren't exactly tears of sadness.

This wouldn't be forgotten, but he 'll heal, how would he not when surrounded with such great friends?

(A/N: This was terrible- I can't write angst--- oh well, moving on, I don't know whether i'll be able yto keep this daily after the 17th, because i'm going on a trip on the 18th, so yeah :P)