seperated

What if mumbo and grian were meant to get to Hermitcraft together? What if they got split up on the way?

Another idea I came up with in history-geography, kinda halted my studying to write this :P

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Grian! wake up!" a shout cam from a different room in the house.

"wha-" the blonde rubbed his eyes, looking at his wristwatch, showing that it was 6 in the morning.

"what the hell mumbo? we don't have to go yet, the portal opens at eight!"

"Did you think that i'd let you go on an empty stomach?" asked mumbo playfully, "If I'd woken you up any later, you wouldn't have had time to eat anything, by the way, i'm cooking!- OH MY-"

Grian suddenly came to his senses, shooting out of bed at the smell of burning, rushing to the kitchen.

Quickly filling up a bucket of water, grian threw it onto whatever mumbo was cooking.

"How many times must I tell you to let me cook?" Grian said, trying to sound annoyed, but his fondness of mumbo leaking through his voice- but then he looked at what mumbo was trying to make.

"HOW DID YOU EVEN BURN WATER-- YOU WERE BOILING WATER!"

Mumbo just smiled sheepishly.

"It was very... flammable water?"

Grian couldn't help but laugh at the spoonyness of his friend.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mumbo! We're late!" Grian shouted up the stairs, mumbo was styling his mustache, wanting to look the very best for their meetup with their friends, who they hadn't seen in years.

"Cmon!"

they both rushed out the door, to the portal station as quickly as possible.

They got there in the nick of time, a few minutes before the portal closed, mumbo steped through first, upon grian's insistence.

They took a bit too long.

The moment grian steeped through, it had begun closing, mumbo shouted at his friend to hurry! get through, d o n t g e t t r a p p e d I n b e t w e e n w o r l d s !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

mumbo's pov

"Grian! please hurry!" I shouted- oh my god this can't be happening please hurry-

He just. He just smiles at me- Why is he smiling at me?-

"you know as well as do that only one of us will get out." He says, as a tear rolls down his face- ohmygodpleasestopsmilingthisisntfunny-

I touch my face, when did it get wet? when did I start crying?

"Grian... What are you doing?"

"have fun mumbo" he walks towards me, and pushes me out the of the passage way, sealing his fate.

the last thing I heard come out of his mouth was a s c r e a m.

I look around the grassy field I spawned in, still trying to make sense of what happened.

The moment X walks out of the portal, along with the rest of the team, I r e m e m b e r.

whycantistopcrying? grianwouldntwantmetobesad- ohmygod. grian. couldhepossiblybedeadnow?

X touched my shoulder.

I turned around-

"mumbo... Where's Grian...?" He asks hesitantly.

"he's- he's- trapped in between worlds--" I then collapse into tears.

Do you guys want a part two? just askin :P\

Btw, sorry for this crappy chapter, this idea is up for grabs, I don't think I executed it very well :P