"Ill be with you"

"Miss Miller you do know you have to tell us everything.." The police woman in front off me informed me "I know its painful but if you want to put him away, we need to know everything" she said, I was rocking back on forth on my char. Jacob was sitting next to me with hes hand on my knee in comfort.

But I didn't care about them, all I could see was Dylan lying on the floor lifeless in my head. Is he really dead? It must be a dream, its got to be a dream... Please say its a dream. I laughed bitterly and they both looked at me strange "Is this a joke?" I asked laughing, Jacob looked at me tears in hes eyes and the police women looked at me as though I was crazy.

"Dylan is not dead!, and this..." I whispered "Has to be a dream" the woman looked at me in sympathy. Jacob put hes arms around me and placed me gently on the chair, I looked at him and laughed "Why you all so sad?" I asked "Hes not really dead" I stated.

Then I looked around and to my dismay it was, it was all true and it did all happen... Looking at Jacob my eyes started to tear and I burst out crying, sobs raked my body as Jacob clutched me into a hug. I fell to the floor pulling him down with me "Hes-hes dead" I sobbed "he really is dead" I clutched onto Jacob like my life depended on it.

"Shh, its going to be okay. I promise" hes voice waved to indicate he was crying too, he sounded just as broken as I was "Ill be by your side all the way through everything" he promised. I knew he wasn't lying, but I don't think I could go all the way through it. Not without Dylan beside me smiling comforting at me.

"I-I cant go to the funeral" I whispered in hes ear "I-I just cant let myself know that hes actually gone" I mumbled, tears fell out my eyes.

"Ill be with you" Jacob whisperers "I wont let go of your hand" he promised. I nodded in the crook off hes neck. He pulled me up onto hes lap, I turned to see the police officer awkwardly coughing before turning back to me with a serious look.

"I know you don't want to talk about it maybe you could come back another-" I cut her off before she could finish "I want to get it done and over with" I stated, I coughed to clear my throat and wiped my eyes before jumping into the story:

"He usto hit me and mother when I was younger, he finally went to prison and then out of no where 3 years after my mother got a text saying "He is back, aloud out of prison" but now he admitted he broke out, to finish what he started"

"What do you mean "finish what he started?" she asked, I looked down at the floor my blood ran cold and I couldn't look at Jacob because I felt disappointed and disgusted in myself.

"My father didn't just hit me-" I felt Jacob tense beside me "He sexually abused me" I whispered, Jacob's grip tightened a little. And I knew he felt sick and angry by the way hes breathing became heavy. The police woman looked a little taken back at first before had a disgusted face on.

"He-He what?" she spat before coughing "Does anybody else know?" she asked calming down.

"No.. He warned me not to tell" I said as I choked on a sob, tears running down my face as I explained my past to the stranger in front off. Jacob kept tensing and muttering a through words through it all and sometimes I would see a tear escaping hes eyes.

Once I finally got home it didn't feel like home, it felt lonely, cold and well not used. Jacob insisted I go to hes house but I just wanted to be in my own house, and sleep. It took a little persuading but soon Jacob left but with hesitation.

Walking upstairs numbly, I turned the taps on to the bath and filled it up with water. Nothing mattered anymore as I watched the bath fill up with warm water, slowly I got into the bath fully clothed and just sat there.

I couldn't feel anything, I couldn't feel pain. I just hugged my knees and stared into space, my thoughts run over everything that's happened and it all sounded false. Images off my brother running into the room and my shock made me shake my head off the thoughts.

Lying down, backwards and very slowly I put my head under water and closed my eyes. I felt free, I felt like I should stay under water forever. Happy thoughts come into my head off my life and I couldn't shift the smile off my face.

Flashback~~~

"So..." my mother started as I munched my my carrots, I have just finished dinner as everyone has gotten home and we began eating straight away. As always, Dylan was sitting by me munching on hes chicken.

"You had detention today Hun, how did it go?" she asked, I heard Dylan burst out laughing but tried to cover it up with a cough. I turned my head and glared at him as he smiled amused with the situation.

I coughed awkwardly "It went fine mum" I said slowly as my mother nodded, Dylan shook hes head tutting at me, I looked around making sure no one saw as I mouthed 'shut up' he laughing lightly as he shook it off and began eating again.

~~~~

Chocolate was all over hes face along with my spit, I laughed at the sight off him. He frowned and then grabbed something from behind his back, it was- cream. Spray cream. I looked at him as my eyes widened, he smiled at me evilly before pressing down on the lid making all the cream spray out all over me.

Shocked, I stared at him "You did not just do that.." I said as I grabbed the closest thing to me and chucked it at him, turning to see what it was and then I burst out laughing holding my sides. It was my mac and cheese, it fell down his face and onto the floor. He looked down at the floor then back up at me.

"Payback is a bitch!" he smiled evilly, hes eyes laced happiness and humor. I looked at the door it wasn't that far too run, but would I make it? What the hell... whats the damage in trying? Running but too late hes arms went around my waist pulling me into hes warm embrace. Shocked, I looked up to see hes face inches away from mine.

~~~

Once everyone had finished, me and Dylan both walked off towards my bedroom and sat down to play PS3 for a little bit before bed "Are-Are you okay Emmy?" Dylan questioned nervously as he kept his gaze on the pad in his hands.

"I'm fine Dylan just a little shocked that dad is back" I replied as I put black-ops 2 in my ps3 and began to challenge my brother on a 1to1 patch. I began pressing random buttons and by the end Dylan bet me with 2 points.

"HA HA! I won" Dylan cheered waving hes arms around.

"Only by two!" I stated with a small smile on my face.

"Still..." Dylan shrugged "I won"

~~~

This one or..." Daisy looked down at her hands as she fiddled with the dresses, she smiled happily as she picked up a bright yellow dress with yellow flowers printed on them, it suited Daisy's personality perfectly. I nodded smiling wide enough that it hurt the side of my mouth "this?" Daisy asked unsure, I nodded smiling as I walked closer to Daisy.

"It's..." I paused for dramatic effect, Daisy's face turned from happy to unsure and panic "horrible? Nasty? You know what I shouldn't of picked this-" I cut her off as I chuckled lightly "perfect. I was going to say perfect"

~~~

"I love you Emmy" Dylan's voice spoke as I smiled slightly.

"I love you too Mr Man" I replied to which we both laughed at before going into dream land..

~~~

Sometimes its hard to live with a past...