41. Karma

His heart on my lap, his body leaning on me. Puppeteer squint his eyes to look at the small machine, wondering what was helping Jason live from this box.

"I know everything now, but, how did this happen to Jason?" Puppeteer's head look up to me. "It's weird, he just hug me and die."

Puppeteer chuckle at my expression and sit straight up as I caress Jason's box on my lap. "We were trying to get the demon out, or at least to decrease the power it has, you know." I look at Puppeteer with an curious expression.

"If Jason weren't sacrificing himself, Judge Angel will." My eyebrows furrows, which make an confused expression.

"What do you mean?" Puppeteer's gaze turns to me. "What, do you really think a demon would really be that harmless towards you? How clueless you are..." he chuckle to himself.

"You must've seen silhouettes and stuff, right? It's because of the demon was trying to take control of you. Jason died because of that—and the demon that just appeared inside your body will be gone." he say. "So... no more fangs or red eyes??" I ask him. Puppeteer nods. "Because of Jason's sacrifice, it will vanish slowly."

"But I don't think the fangs will be gone, the demon already finished in changing your teeth structure. Look." with his strings, he brings a mirror upon my face. I open my mouth and yeah, I have fangs. Cute!

"I wonder what will Jason say about this!" my cheeks heated from the excitement. I promise to myself, I'll fix him. I don't even care about the truth now, I just want Jason to be back.

Laughing Jack's POV
3 Years Later

"L.J, is she still in that damn room?" ask Ben. I look at him in the eye, as I hear her humming. I nod. "No doubt. She'll stay there forever, until she could fix that box, or until she's dead. No other condition would stop her." I say.

"I'll visit her, wanna come?" Ben ask, as he pick up some snack for [ Y/N ] and a glass of water. I nod enthusiastically and jump happily, following the floating Ben. He floats down a little to open the door to Jason's room, but I open it beforehand because his hands are full anyway.

[ Y/N ] was sitting on the chair near the window. The curtains of the window is flowing because of the wind, her hair dance beautifully with the wind too, as the sunlight gently caress her smiling face, it was [ Y/N ], who's humming for Jason, who is currently having his head being caressed by her on her lap.

She lift her eyes to look at us, and her eyes lit up. "G-guys! I think it might be fixed a-already!" she say, her voice broken. Ben and I share an worried stare at each other, and rush towards her.

"What's wrong with your voice, gumdrop?" I ask. "Yeah, it sounded fine when you were humming?" Ben ask her. She swing her head rght to left several times and say, "I think it's o-only matter of time before Ja...Jason wakes uph!!" she say happily. She clears her throat after that, her right eye flinches while doing so.

Ben hands her the glass of water carefully, and she drink it. We can see it clearly that it's hard for her to swallow things. What's she doing to herself? Zero brought a tray with food and water for her yesterday and from what we saw, the tray is empty when it's on the kitchen, which mean she did eat.

"Hey, here's some snacks by the way." Ben says as he put them on the table in front of her. She smiles, "Thanks Ben, but... I don't think I'll eat it. Ssince it's just a matter of time when Jason will be waking up, I'll just tell you."

"I don't eat or drink–I did this because it's just matter of time until Jason wakes up, and I can feel it! I only drank those water you gave me because I don't want my voice to be too croaked when he wakes up. Thanks Ben!" she say, her voice sounds much better. With that, we look at her in a pretty-guilty stare.

"Sorry, we didn't have the time to check on you that much, Clockwork and Rouge got arrested and everyone was always busy ever since." I sigh. [ Y/N ] just laugh, a broken voice. It saddens me to see her like this, but it's good to see her being so happy.

For the last three days, despite the black ring under her eyes, she seems happier and she looks like she's enjoying her life. Before that, she was dull, only talks when need, laughs to herself sometimes, crazy, looks dead, with pale face. Almost as if she's turned into her 'Hyde' self. Now she's back to cute lil Jekyll [ Y/N ].

"I know you all will b-be able to free them in the end, but I'm still so sorry for not helping." and after that, we fell into a conversation about what happened in Clockwork's and Rouge's clumsy mission and laugh together.

But after that, something happens.

Something that opens [ Y/N ]'s eyes real wide.

Y/N's POV

Rason moved...

Ben's POV

The floor made a loud thump as [ Y/N ] feel onto the cold floor.

♥➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰➰♥

lmao i love how my titles almost never have any relation to the chapter

update : i changed some but lol not this one