CHAPTER 5:

Hira's PoV: 

We were running down the dirt road as Sensei was explaining our mission, it was an escort mission. Kakashi took the lead with Rin and I on either side of him and Obito to my left next to Minato-Sensei. "First and foremost, I want you four to make sure you're safe," Minato-sensei spoke to us and Obito having a huge ego had to comment. "I'm gonna show my stuff big-time and make it to Hokage!" and that got Kakashi, "We are not to engage in any kind of battle. Besides, we'd only get into Minato-Sensei's way." 

"Huh, how would we get in the way we need to help Sensei," Obito responded making me shake my head. "Haven't you ever heard of the Yellow Flash of the Leaf?" Kakashi asked and I found myself glancing back to our sensei when I felt them.

I could see it in my Sensei's eyes and facial expression that he had sense them too, but I didn't want to draw attention to myself and turned back to the team when I heard. 

"Hey, I wonder who's stronger, the Yellow Flash of the Leaf or the White Fang of the Leaf?" at Obito's words my breath hitched and got stuck in my throat. I looked down at the floor where my feet were found pouncing on the floor as we ran then back up at Kakashi. "The Hidden Leaf had a hero named the White Fang. Haven't you heard of him?" Obito looked over at the silent Kakashi, "No, I haven't." The grey-haired Ninja spoke before running ahead a bit more, I couldn't help but glare at Obito, I know it wasn't his fault as he didn't know, but I couldn't help it. Obito gulped at me, "What?" He questioned terrified at me and that was when I really felt the presence. "Byakugan," I whispered and the familiar veins popped up around my eyes. "Sensei?" I asked wanting to know if he can feel them too and he nodded letting me know that he knew of their presence. "Looks like the enemy is on our tail," Minato-sensei informed the team and that brought a huge grin on Obito's face, but Minato-sensei was quick to wipe it right off. "Obito! This is not a game!" He had said very seriously. "Uh, yes sir..." Obito responded. "Obito and I will take care of them in the meantime, Kakashi, Rin, and Hira will complete the mission. " I was uncertain about me leaving them behind but followed my orders. With my Byakugan still activated we continued on with the mission. I could see why Sensei had sent me with them as I can see if enemies are still somewhere around us. 

"Incoming from behind!" I shouted as I turned sharply while pulling out a kunai. Kakashi and I blocked each Shuriken thrown our way. The dust flew behind us at our sudden stop near a bridge. One shuriken got passed Kakashi and hit one of the men we were escorting and he fell off the bridge, I skidded towards him and caught his hand. "Can someone help here!" I yelled as I used my free hand to block shurikens. Rin came running to help me, but Kakashi stopped her. "No! A shinobi's duty is to carry out his mission!" And Rin obediently obeyed as I was losing grip. "Hold on!" I yelled and I could feel tears building up."Please... Hold on!" As I was about to pull him up a shuriken injected itself into my shoulder and I almost lost grip of him again. "Just let go, kid, I am too heavy! I'll only slow you down." I shook my head as tears started to fall. "Not a chance," I said and then he gave me a look then pulled out a scroll and gave it to me. "You are a good ninja, and that's why I trust you with this. Don't tell anyone until you find the traitors."And with that, he let go. I gasped as he fell down into the river. All I saw was his face, there was a smile on it but I saw the terror behind it. "Hira! Come on!" Another tear slipped as I scrambled up and ran to the end as I hid the scroll he had entrusted me with.  With Kakashi behind me. 

I was bothered by the fact that a good man died, well as far as we know, by my hands we reached an open field, "Thanks to you, the secret missive will be delivered safely." the man spoke, "However... he won't be... the only sacrifice!" but then at lightning speed, his two comrades pulled out Kunais and slashed his back after taking turns with the speech. I gulped but got into a fighting position. "Since you were just so focused on completing the mission, you made our mission easy." One of the intruders spoke with a sickening grin. "Sorry, but you're going to have to die too." The other spoke as they got ready to attack. "Rin, get out of here. Now!" Kakashi and I yelled, "But...!" She started to respond. "You're going to get in our way, Hira and I know how to fight together without even trying and you're a medical-nin. We will keep them busy while you heal him!" He yelled at her and she nodded and took off, but turned around and said, "Stay save." Then ran off to take cover in the forest.