CHAPTER 7

"I have signed you all up for the Chunin Exams," Minato stated as we had gathered at the training ground expecting to go on a mission or two as usual, but no, he had us there taken by surprise with our jaws hanging low except for Kakashi next to me. "But Sensei, i...isn't it a bit early for us to join the exams?" Rin asked looking a bit frightened which made me frown slightly and walk up to her rubbing her back as we had become great friends over this last week and grown completely comfortable with one another.

After the meetup, Rin and I walked off to the training grounds as I had asked her to spar with me even though Kakashi and I fought well and had similar fighting techniques I needed to change it up a bit, like the people we will be fighting won't fight the same as us. We had concluded that I will help her with physical strength and she will help me study to get ready for the written exams and Obito was going to join us as he said he needed the most help out of us all.

Kakashi had disappeared to do his own thing and when we had asked if he wanted to join us with our preparation for the exams he huffed and grumbled an "I don't need your help" and walked off.

"Rin you need to keep your arms stronger and stiffer, but loose enough to move quickly," I stated as I saw her do exactly as I said, "Like that?" She asked and I smiled and curtly nodded before throwing a punch her way and with her new stance, she blocked it and with lightning-like reflexes threw one herself.

"Okay, time to go harder," I said as I started going faster with my punches even threw a kick or two once in a while. We sparred with one another not realizing that Obito was coming up to us ready for our study session. He tapped my shoulder which in mids of a spar wasn't his best move since I grabbed his wrist and used his weight to throw him over my shoulder and in between Rin and I. We looked over and down at him where he laid with his back on the ground. "Ow, what was that for?" He groaned as he rubbed his left shoulder with his right hand.

"Well, you should know better as to tap a ninja's shoulder during an intense Taijutsu match." He groaned in response making Rin and I giggle. We held our hands out for him to take which he gladly took both and we pulled him to his feet. "So ready to hit the books?" Rin asked fake punching the air making us laugh.

After we settled under a lushes tree filled with leaves casting a thick shadow over part of the grass field, we whipped out our books and went over a few things.

"Ughhhh..." I dragged on as I fell back onto the soft but kind of itchy grass. "My brain hurts so bad," I said rubbing my temples with my eyes firmly shut. "But we barely even started," Rin said and that made me shoot up and gawk at her. "WHAT!? I am going to fail at this point." I said covering my face with both my hands embarrassed, but Obito placed his hand onto my shoulder. "No, you won't if anything I am going to fail this written exam. You were one of the top students in the academy while I was at the bottom." I shook my head still covered and hidden away by my hands as I mumbled my response, "That was only because it was all mostly the basics. I am doomed with this one. Plus I am probably going to end up facing someone else that I will struggle to beat." after my rumble mumble I removed my hands completely in a different state.

"But there's no point in sulking now, now I need to study," I said pulling back the book I had pushed off my lap when I got frustrated and continued on reading where I had stopped.

My companions were left confused at my sudden mood changes, but shrugged and continued as Rin explained the problem that Obito had trouble solving.

"Uh, I am proud to see my students hard at work with getting ready for the exams. Even you Obito." Minato-sensei said as he walked up to the tree where we sat, well me and Rin sat whilst Obito laid spilled out on the grass, his head lifted slightly by two books while he was folding a piece of paper and I could only see what it was until he threw it. The paper plane flew into the air uncontrollable in circles before the wind picked up and it drifted off into the blue sky. It was quite hot out, but cool in the shade of the big tree filled with the chirping of various birds.