CHAPTER 18

"Why do I have to be stuck here training whilst Kakashi and Rin had gone on a mission with Guy?" I complained once more, I had mastered the first two steps each day he had given me it. Today was the third day and he had given me another balloon telling me that the first two steps must be combined whilst trying not to pop the balloon. I wouldn't have a problem with training if it weren't for the fact that my two friends had gone out on a mission that's quite dangerous.

"I know it's frustrating, Hira, but you can't go in the middle of your training. And you know that the team will do just fine without you for a day." Sensei said making me kick a pebble close to my feet. "I... I just want to help them... Last time... Last time I wasn't there and..."I trailed off at the end looking down at the popped balloon bits." I know, but you're training to become stronger and that takes time and I'm sure that they are determined to not let that happen again." he said placing his hand on my shoulder as you usually do.

I just stood there very still as I thought it over. "Okay," I said softly before looking up with a motivated look.

It was the next day when the team had returned along with the reinforcements that Rin had come back to get last night and I really was about to go with until Sensei stopped me by telling me that my training wasn't finished yet. So the rest of the night whilst worrying about the team I trained and just before the moon hit the horizon I had finished and perfected the last step.

I sat at the gates yawning every so often waiting for them to come back. I was exhausted from training and Minato-sensei had to drag me back to his house and demanded I sleep or else I'll pass out and would need medical attention. So I obliged on one condition. "You'll wake me when they have returned." I had said before I went to bed in the extra room of my sensei and his wife's apartment.

I woke up to some whispers in the same room as me so I turned around to face the people whispering to find Kakashi, Minato-sensei and Kushina in the room talking in whispers to one another. "What's going on?" I asked and they all fell dead silent just glancing at one another before facing me.

"How long have I been asleep?" I followed as I sat up looking at the now brightly shinning Moon that hung in the middle of the starry dome. "You've been out of it for about a day, how are you feeling?" The sometimes frightening redhead asked as she walked over a bit tired looking. "I feel fine, but what's all the fuss about?" I asked looking at the group that started to avoid eye contact with me. "And where's Rin?" the look on their faces had a sickly feeling forming in the pit of my stomach. I teared up. "Please, someone explain to me what happened on the mission and what is wrong with Rin?" I asked gripping the covers laying on me.

"The mission went fine, we got back safely and even came to see if you were doing fine... But..." Kakashi explains, but starts to trail off at the end. "But?" I asked growing more nervous. "Rin was kidnapped on our mission yesterday," Kakashi said and I think that I had never before in my life moved as fast as I did then.

I flung myself out of the bed and ran towards my weapons, gear and other necessities. I ran out of the room hearing their calls as I headed towards the gates of Konoha. "WAIT HIRA! YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW WHERE TO GO!" Kakashi yelled following me from behind. "I can follow her chakra trace," I said not turning back and Kakashi fell silent still following me.

Back at Minato and Kushina's home:

"Aren't you going with them?" the fiery redhead asked worried about her husband's students that she loved and cared for like they were her own children. "They won't know how to find her Kushina, so it would be pointless to go after them now. They'll probably be running around in circles until they give up." The blonde told his wife with reassuring eyes, but she felt uneasy about this whole situation.