CHAPTER 12

"Welcome to the finals, where you will possibly be facing your own friends. Those don't make the cut won't become Chunin. Only the top 5 will be promoted to Chunin." another proctor said, making us all look around in silence.

My heart was about to jump out of my throat and probably get stuck there forever choking me to death.

I was having trouble breathing as we all headed up to the upper level. My palm-sweating a lake and my teeth clenching and unclenching.

"Hira," a soft voice spoke as I quite large hand was now holding my shoulder. I looked up and over my shoulder to find my blonde grinning sensei. He looked at me in comfort, but I was still anxious and he could clearly see this, "Why don't you go wash your face and get a gulp of fresh air before we begin." He suggested and I was too nervous to argue and did as told. I walked out to the bathrooms and entered the Ladies' respected restroom. I had headed to the sinks at once and fulled my bowled hands with the cooling liquid drinking some before splashing my face. It was refreshing and just what I needed to calm down even with my heart beating at a furious speed.

When I exited the room I found Rin leaning against the wall close to the door, "You okay?" she asked quietly as if she would break me if she spoke too loudly. I nodded curtly at her making a smile spread over her face. "Come on! We are going to start!" She grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to the exam room. 

When we entered I found Obito heading down to the bottom. "Wish me luck! I am first up!" He said giving us a thumbs up and oddly enough all that stress and anxiousness vanished as I grinned as well and launched at him hugging him. "You can do it Obito!" I cheered, motivating him was all I could do right now. "Thanks, Hira." He said and patted my shoulders and headed down and then a green jumpsuit came into view. "Can I get a youthful hug as well for good luck?" Gai asked as he stood before me arms wide open. "HEY! THAT'S MY FRIEND AND THAT'S WHY I GOT A HUG!" Obito yelled from the bottom at the other side of the room where he could see what was going on. Gai seemed to deflate at the and drop his arms to his side and was about to head down as well, but I placed a hand on his shoulder and gave him a bright smile. He shot up straight and ran all the way down with a much more determined demeanor making me giggle. "Such an odd boy," I commented joining Rin, Kakashi, and our sensei to cheer on my friends. The room fell silent ready for the battle, but Rin used the silence to cheer Obito on not realizing she was going to take his concentration away from Gai, his opponent. And the proctor started the match at that moment. Gai took his opponent's distraction as an advantage and Roundhouse kicked him in the face with great strength ending the match quickly as Obito was knocked out.

"Poor Obito, he didn't even get a chance to fight," I said to Rin as we headed over to the room he was in. "Yeah, I feel guilty. It was all my fault," She said fiddling with her fingers, I shook my head at the girl. "Well, Obito should have focused as soon as Gai stepped onto the floor," I said trying to take some of the guilt away. We entered his room to find him laying gruffly on the bed. "Hey Obito, how are you feeling?" I asked as we entered and he only huffed. And just as I walked over to his side Minato-sensei transported into the room he stood before me. "It's your turn Hira." He said with a smile and with a hand on my shoulder he transported away again. "Sorry Obito, I have to go," I said with a sad smile and took off to the test.

I stood before my opponent with confidence, I could see Rin and Obito joining Sensei and Kakashi on the balcony getting me more hype as all my friends were here and my opponent being a student of one of the legendary Sannin had me thrilled.

I faced Anko Mitarashi, one of my old classmates, with my Hyuga fighting stance. I decided against activating my Byakugan as it will draw too much chakra for the start of this battle. Anko smirked, "Aww little Hira Hyuga, The Smart Weakling from the good old days." She cockily said with a smirk making me clench my jaw. "Well, this will be too easy," Anko said and launched a basic attack with her kunai that I countered so we would be face to face. "Well, Anko, cockiness will get you killed." I shoved her off and slid to the side when she came at me again.