CHAPTER 10

It was quiet and the only thing we could hear was swooshing of the wind in our ears as we jumped branch to branch using chakra to help you our jumps.

This was happening on end as we followed the other team luckily we soon spotted another team-up ahead ready to attack the team we are following. "We have another team up ahead they are going to ambush the team in front of us," I told my squad it was tiring to keep this up so to finally find another team as a back-up plan was relieving. "Okay, hold up," Kakashi spoke making us all stop on branches near each other, we all turned around to face him and I released my Byakugan feeling a wave of relief washing over me. With the amount of sleep I had and the using my Byakugan for the most part of the day was tiring, not to mention the information that Minato-sensei had given me on our first real mission. His words had been stuck in my mind for a while and kind of made me scared of using the Kekkei Genkai of the Hyuga clan.

"So Hira, you stay behind. If we need backup, you'll have to jump in, but only as a last resort. You used too much chakra on your Byakugan so rest up as we get the scrolls, got it?" Kakashi had said after explaining the plan to us. I understood where he was getting at and was too exhausted to argue on staying back until they got the scrolls or needed my help. We all nodded and headed out to our places. I was to go hide way up in a tree to observe and be able to jump in at any time, but as I turned to jump up higher someone grabbed my upper arm. I didn't need to look to know who it was as I knew that he would want to talk after this morning, but I didn't expect him to do it now. "I meant what I said, don't jump in when it's unnecessary and..." It was quiet when he trailed off, I could've responded or walked off but I stayed still wanting to know what else he had to say. "Stay safe," he said letting go of my arm. I looked over my shoulder, "You're the one who's going into battle, so you need to stay safe and just so you know... I will jump in when I see that you need help even when you don't want it." I had the last words and jumped off to start.

The plan went as we had hoped, the team that we were tagging had been defeated easily by the other team when we got there, but what we didn't realize was that the team was that strong. Each of my team members were taking one of the other opposing members. I felt quite useless perched up in a tree-like a broken bird, a weak bird.

Weak.

A word that always came to mind when I was training, each time the word would pop up as I would throw a limb at the wooden log in the training field. It was the word used to describe me as I would train with Hiashi, I felt useless and unwanted.
Each time a handful of my clan members would smile at me, even my own Guardian and his wife, the same thing would run through her mind, "Lies, it's all lies. Fake smiles and fake people."

I heard a cry, snapping me back to the present. It was a female cry, a shrill and tortures cry. When I looked down at my friends and saw Obito and Kakashi tied in battle with their opponents and then my eyes went to where Rin was and an ill feeling ran through me.

She was on her knees holding onto her bleeding shoulder as her opponent got up from the floor picking up his sword. He was talking to her, no taunting her and that boiled my blood. I jumped down and blocked his sword just as he had brought it down to slash her. "DON'T YOU DARE TOUCH MY FRIEND!" I yelled feeling fury fueling a fire deep within me. A newfound energy took over me as I pushed the man away with my kunai against his sword. I spun the kunai around my finger and grabbed the hield in a much more stronger grip as I crouched down a bit reading for a fight.

"YOU BRAT, I'LL HAVE YOUR HEAD!" he yelled and started forming hand signs. "Iwa Toge Fushido no Jutsu(Rock thorn bed Jutsu)" he yelled after pushing down on the ground, my eyes widened and I had to act fast. I grabbed Rin and jumped up to a branch high enough to avoid the attack. "So his Charka is Earth Release, so I can't really use any water techniques. It would be pointless and a waste of chakra." I sighed looking over at Rin. "Rin do you have enough Chakra left to heal yourself ?" I asked my best friend and that caught her attention making her look at me. She smiled warmly before nodding. "Okay, then. Why don't you start doing that, heal yourself just enough to not pass out from blood loss. Just don't overuse the last bit of chakra you have left. I'll take care of our little friend." she gulped and opened her mouth to say something, but decided against it and only nodded with a determined look. "Just be careful, he is quite strong," she stated before I had gone and I nodded with a reassuring smile before getting ready for a fight I had prepared myself for.