Chapter 5

I boarded the plane to reach Paris and I looked out of the window, the sky was pitch black and darkness till my sight reaches just like the day, I planned to make Gauri confess her feelings to me in front of my friends.

My Cricket finals are supposed to be conducted on two days from the present day. I have only two days to complete my dare. Even though I had been trying to make Gauri fall in love with me to prove Veer wrong. Somewhere in my heart I felt guilty about it. In these two months I grew closer to Gauri. Tomorrow's Gauri's birthday and I thought of giving her a surprise and later I would say those three words to her once again and I am sure that this time she will reciprocate that. I arranged a surprise for her in our farm house that is situated in the woods and I also called our teammates to reach there to watch when Gauri says those words to me.

I was carrying Gauri towards the farm house, it was situated deep in the woods and the way to reach it is narrow and covered with trees, so we have to walk a some distance to reach it. Gauri wrapped her arms around my neck and laid her head against my chest, she felt light like a feather and her face was serene and beautiful in that moonlight.

"Omkara." Gauri called as I was walking carrying her in my arms.

"Hmmm.. "

"You know what, I am afraid of darkness from childhood. But with you, I am not feeling any fear because I know you will be there to protect me from all the evils. You asked me to trust you, but believe me, I trust you more than anyone. You are the first guy after my father and brother, I could trust blindly. I never thought I would be this comfortable with any guy but with you I feel different. I know you will never hurt me, because you are different from all those guys out there. You are kind and even if you don't show your emotions deep down you still care for others even if they try to harm you. The girls of my class say that you can be happy if the guy you love is handsome and rich but whenever I see you, It's not your looks or money that attracts me it's your beautiful soul that makes me fall for you. I am happy to find a beautiful soul like you, Omkara." Gauri said and something inside me broke. I am trying to hurt this innocent soul for a stupid dare. That moment I realized that at some point of time, I too fell in love with her and I am too stubborn to acknowledge it. I can't do this, I can't break Gauri's trust and break her heart.

I placed her on her feet as we reached inside the farm house.

"Omkara, I wanted to tell you this from a few days," Gauri said and I know what she was going to say and I don't want to her to confess her feelings now, In front of my friends. I don't want to win this dare for the first time I wanted to fail.

"Shh... Don't say anything." I said closing her mouth with my hand. "Stay here, until I come and I will be always there to protect you." I kissed her forehead and went outside to call my friends.

"Hello Ranveer."

"Hello, Om. We are on the way to your farm house. We will be reaching there to see your victory." Ranveer said.

"No, you guys go back. I changed the plan, and I will explain it to you guys later." I said and disconnected the call.

I went back inside the farm house where Gauri was standing silently in the middle of the room. Looking beautiful than anyone. I went and hugged her from the back at first she jumped in fear and later when I said it was me she relaxed leaning against me.

"Ready for the surprise? " I whispered in her ear, inhaling her feminine scent that smelled like lavender and she nodded. I unwrapped her blindfold and she gasped looking at the decorations in front of her.

The room was decorated with flowers, fairy lights and balloons. With a cake in the middle that has Happy Birthday Gauri written in it.

"Happy Birthday, Gauri." I said kissing her temple and resting my chin on her shoulder.

She turned around and hugged me. And I hugged her back she fitted right in my arms.

"Thank You, Om. I loved the surprise" Gauri said with tears of joy.

"Don't cry, it's your birthday. Come on let's cut the cake." I said wiping her tears with my fingers.

She cut the cake and fed me and I did the same. We laid in the middle of the flowers and balloons with Gauri resting her head on my arm.

"Omkara." Gauri called and I hmmed with my eyes closed enjoying the moment with my new found love.

"I love you." Gauri said making me open my eyes.

"I Love you more than anything, Gauri." I said pulling her closer and kissing her forehead.

"Tomorrow is my cricket match finals." I said as we were driving back to Gauri's dormitory. "And I want you to come there to watch while I play." I said linking my fingers with her and raising her hand to kiss.

"I never saw a live match and I don't know anything about cricket. But still I would come to watch you play." Gauri said smiling beautifully.

We reached near her dormitory and she got down the car.

"Good Night, Omkara." Gauri said.

"Good Night, Love." I said hugging her, "Sleep well." I said and she blushed making me pull her cheeks.

"Ouch, Om. That hurts." She said rubbing her cheeks.

"Now, it will be Ok." I said as I kissed her cheek.

She ran away blushing making me laugh at her antics.

The announcement of the pilot stating that we were about to land in Paris was heard and I fastened my belt. Soon we landed in Paris and checked into the business suite, my assistant booked for me in one of the famous hotels.

"Hello Mom, Yes I reached Paris and was now resting in my suite." I told my mom.

"Om, as you know your marriage is on this weekend, your dad and I thought we should come to Paris this Thursday to supervise the arrangements." My mom said.

"Okay Mom, I will ask Reena to book tickets for all of you." I said rubbing my forehead.

"We already booked the tickets, Om. I just called to inform you and Ridhimma called earlier asking for you, she also said you are not taking her calls. Omkara, I know you are not happy about this marriage but please try to speak with Ridhimma may be you both can be happy in future." My mom tried to convince me.

"Okay, Mom. I will call her later. Right now, I had to prepare the presentation for my meeting tomorrow. Bye Mom." I said and disconnected the call.

I can't marry, Ridhimma. I have to cancel this marriage by any means. Khanna still didn't found anything about Malhotra's that can stop my marriage. I have to find Gauri, it's been almost two years since I last saw her. Don't know where she is.