Chapter 31

"I am making a appointment with Pediatrician tomorrow to prepare Ved's diet chart."

"Hmm." She said hugging me lazily.

"Did you had your lunch, baby? " I asked making Gauri sit in my lap with Ved in her arms.

"No, I didn't had time to eat, I was busy preparing for the presentation." She said slowly.

"You should know that you should never skip your meals." I scolded her making her pout. "I am going to order food for you." I said taking out my phone.

I made sure Gauri ate her food completely while I was playing with Ved.

"Good, don't ever skip your meals. I don't want to miss your chubby cheeks." I said kissing her cheeks making her blush.

"My works are finished for the day and I will be heading to my home with Ved in a few minutes. You can join us for dinner or you can look after any works if you have." Gauri said making me frown.

"Are you saying, you are going to your home? " I asked.

"Yes." She said casually.

"Why don't you and Ved stay at mine."

"Omkara, we came over to spend weekend with you. The weekend is over and I have to go back to my home." Gauri said packing her things.

"You can always come and stay in my penthouse." I said, "In fact why can't you and Ved move in with me. We all can be together under one roof that way I too can spend time with you both."

"Omkara, no I can't." Gauri said.

"Why can't you move in with me? " I asked lifting Gauri's face with my finger to look into her eyes.

"I don't know, it's just the things are moving fast." She said biting her lower lip nervously.

"Baby, there is nothing for you to be scared about. I love you both and I would be a happy person to come home to you both. Please move in with me baby." I said peppering kisses on her face.

"Umm... Okay." She said nervously.

"Thank you Baby." I said and kissed her on her lips sweetly.

"Come let's go to your home first and move your things to my penthouse." I said holding Gauri's hand while carrying Ved in my left arm.

Soon we shifted Gauri's and Ved's things into my penthouse.

"Finally, I can have you both with me always." I said pulling Gauri to me and placing Ved in my lap.

"Omkara, can you give a bath to Ved while I prepare dinner for us? " Gauri asked trying to stand from the sofa.

"Sure baby and don't stress yourself I will order food from outside." I said kissing Gauri's forehead and heading towards bathroom with Ved.

Gauri~

Omkara and I sat on the bed cuddling each other while watching Ved play with his toys.

"He's cute." I said watching my baby.

"Yes, just like his mother." Omkara said pulling my nose.

"No, he's much like you. He hates the foods you hate, he's a night owl like you and always energetic." I said remembering the ways both the son and father are same.

"Thank you for giving me such a cute gift." Omkara said emotionally. "Even though I had missed almost an year of his life, I am happy at least I got a chance to be with him." He said sadly.

"You know, Ved also likes cricket like you, while I was pregnant he used to kick me whenever I hear cricket commentary." I said trying to light up the situation.

"My son takes after me." Omkara said proudly. "We are in one team, heina Ved." He said tickling Ved making him laugh.

"Now, it's time to bed, Ved come to Mama." I said opening my arms for Ved but he crawled towards Omkara and hugged him.

"Papa... " Ved said hiding his face in the neck of Omkara making him laugh.

"He likes me more than you." Omkara said sticking his tongue out making me pout.

"After meeting your Papa, you totally forgot your mom, hmm. Always Papa, Papa." I said pulling Ved's cheeks.

"He likes Papa, hein na Ved? " Omkara asked Ved.

"No, he likes his Mama more, he's Momma's boy." I said taking Ved's little hand in mine.

"No, he's Papa's Prince, we are on one team." Omkara said proudly, "See, how cutely he called me Papa and came to me."

"So what, he may have called you Papa now but his first word was Mama." I said proudly flicking my hair.

"I wasn't there to hear his first word." Omkara said sadly.

"It's okay from now, you will be there in every aspect of his life." I said consoling Omkara.

"You know, he didn't spoke any words even when he was about to turn one. I was worried sick thinking Ved had some speech problems but thank god he called me Mama." I said remembering how I was worried about Ved.

"I still remember the day he called me Mama for the first time, it was the same day we got struck in that old hotel and when I came home in the evening and was playing with Ved in my room, He called me Mama for the first time, it was his first word and I almost thought I was hallucinating but I heard that clearly. I felt very emotional when he called me Mama." I said smiling.

"He called you Mama on the evening of the day we came back after being struck in the hotel the whole night?" Omkara asked suddenly.

"Yes, that was his first word." I said proudly and Omkara began to grin widely all of a sudden confusing me.

"What made you happy all of a sudden? " I asked raising my brow.

"His first was not Mama." Omkara said grinning, "His first was Papa."

"What? " I asked shocked.

"Yes, that day morning while I was returning to my room from hotel, my mom called me to meet her and when I went to meet them in the resort, I saw Ved with my mom and when I took him in my arms, he called me Papa." Omkara said grinning proudly.

"This is cheating, I was the one who had been begging him everyday to call me Mama and he called you Papa." I said, "How can he do this to me." I cried.

Omkara laughed looking at me.

"Didn't I say, He's in Papa's team." Omkara said kissing Ved's cheeks laughing.

And I pouted, how can he call him Papa first, I thought his first word was Mama.

"This is cheating." I cried.

"Nope, this is called bonding." Omkara laughed. "Don't worry, we can make our next kid call Mama first." He winked making me gasp and blush.

"Haha, you should look at your face now." Omkara said laughing and pulling my cheeks. "You are cute, my baby."