Chapter 10

"We need to talk, Gauri." Omkara said looking at me. I was shocked with the sudden appearance of Omkara in my office with Ved sleeping in his stroller just behind the desk,I am leaning on to with Omkara standing in front of me.

"You can leave, Lisa. I will handle it." I said dismissing my assistant.

After she left I faced Omkara.

"How are you, Gauri?" Omkara asked looking in my eyes, "You know I have been searching for you everywhere, I can't believe I found you today."

"I am fine, Omkara. Thank you for asking." I said politely, having a argument with him and making Ved's presence known is the last thing I want now.

"Stop acting like everything's normal when it clearly isn't Gauri." Omkara said furiously.

"I am not acting, Omkara. I am really good and as for what happened between us, I already moved on." I said looking at Omkara and sending silent prayers to God to not make Ved wake up.

"Gauri, Please let me explain. It's not like what you saw or heard." Omkara said taking a step forward towards me and making me jump.

"It's okay, Omkara. You don't have to explain it." I said trying to sound normal as I kept looking at Ved from the corner of my eyes.

"For the good heavens sake, Gauri, will you let me explain." Omkara said furiously.

"I don't want to listen to your explanation, Omkara. I don't want to believe another story from you and make fool of myself again. So, please leave me alone. I have works to do." I said in anger showing his the door.

"I will leave today but I will return again to clear this misunderstandings between us." Omkara said and moved outside. I breathed out a sigh of relief that I had been holding in since Omkara entered my office.

I have many works to do but the first thing I have to do now is to keep Ved away from Omkara. I can't take the risk of exposing Ved to him by bringing Ved to the office. I can't even find a nanny to take care of him in this short notice and my mom and Anika were out of town. Now I have only one option left, Rudra.

I sneaked out of the back door carrying a still sleeping Ved as I started my car to reach Rudra's office.

Omkara~

I was shocked was an understatement, when I saw Gauri in the Presentation room after almost 2 years. She looked same yet different. Her glasses are gone and her hazel brown eyes reflected confidence. Her waist length hair was cut and shortened and she gained a few healthy pounds of weight that made her more curvy enhancing her features and making her look beautiful as ever. She wore a business dress and she was no longer the same naive Gauri, she grew up in to a strong woman and her every step reflected confidence.

She was surprised looking at me and then quickly covered it up with a smile.

"Sorry, for making you wait." She apologized but I was too shocked to reply.

The rest of the presentation we kept looking at each other, I still couldn't believe that I actually found My Gauri finally, the girl I love and had been searching for. Gauri liked my presentation and was ready to make a deal with us. That's a good sign as I will get to see and work with Gauri. She forward her hand for a shake hand and I grasped it immediately. Her soft and punny hands looked so tiny in my large hands. I held them not wantingto loose the touch of her. And she struggled and taken back her hand, she excused and walked away. As I still stood there processing everything.

I had let her go once and I can't lose her again, I had to clear our misunderstandings. I ran behind her to speak with her but a slender looking woman, who I think was Gauri's assistant blocked my way stopping me from entering into Gauri's cabin. But right now, no one can stop me from meeting my Gauri, not after I found her after 2 long years. I walked to Gauri's door and opened it. Gauri was standing leaning her hands on her desk with her back facing me. As soon as she saw me in her office she was shocked and looked at me with wide eyes.

"We need to talk, Gauri? " I said looking into her eyes. She dismissed her assistant and looked at me. I tried hard to clear our misunderstanding but Gauri was too stubborn to listen to me. I could have tried hard to explain her but the constant buzzing of my mobile in my pants pocket kept me distracted. I took out my mobile to switch off but found Ridhimma's name displaying on it. I have to clear this Ridhimma fiasco first and have to cancel my wedding at any cost even if it takes for me to disinherit my property, I will do that gladly to have Gauri on my side. First I have to clear all these messages before I renew my relationship with Gauri, I can't let her tangle in this mess along with me.

"I will leave you today but I will return again to clear this misunderstandings between us." I said with a determination in my voice and left the office to call Khanna to find a solution to get me out of this mess.

Gauri~

I drove towards Rudra's office with Ved still strapped in his baby seat sleeping. I was so stupid to decline Rudra's offer to baby sit and now I am sure he will show attitude to me. O God why? I groaned internally. I stopped my car in front of a luxurious looking resort that has "Celebrations" Written on it in big Italic White letters. I rushed inside the lift and pressed the button to reach Rudra's office. When I entered the floor in which Rudra's office is located I was greeted by Bhavya, Rudra's Personal Assistant and I am 100% sure He has a crush on this forest eyed girl. Not that I don't like it, she was cute and well mannered girl and a perfect one to show Rudra his place.

"Hello Bhavya, Is Rudra in?" I asked smiling at her.

"Yes, Mam." She said.

"Okay." I said and entered the office of Rudra.

Rudra was sitting in his chair working in laptop when he saw me and Ved. He raised his eye brows at me in question. Act Gauri Act, you can't show this idiot that you are dependent on him or else he will sit on your head.

"Ru, I thought about your plea to Baby sit for Ved." I said and he nodded, "I think I should let Ved to spend some time with his uncle also. So, you can Babysit him." I said smiling big not to show him my desperation.

"O My Sister, how kindhearted you are... " Rudra said standing from his chair, "I would have totally believed you, if I didn't grow up seeing you for 21 years. Now tell me what is your reason for suddenly letting me Babysit for this Little monster." Rudra said taking Ved from me.

"Ermm.." Idiot, why can't I even lie properly, why does this duffer has to catch my lie. Arghh... Omkara, I will kill you., " The thing is that I got a deal finalised, which means I should go to construction worksites to supervise it and show them to the client. I can't take Ved there since it's not a child safe area. So, I thought to leave him with you." I said which is not a lie, in fact I need to go on field trips to show the construction sites to the clients.

"Fine, If not for Ved, I would have take  revenge on you for how you made me beg this morning. But right now, I am happy that I will get time to spend with my cupcake." Rudra said tickling Ved making him laugh.

"Thank you, Rudra." I said, " But, I will not hesitate to kick your rear if you don't look after my baby nicely. And most importantly don't flirt or do anything adult with Bhavya while he was in the room. I don't want my baby to grow up spoiled." I warned seriously.

"Okay, Fine. I will make sure that." Rudra said in submission.

I gave him Ved's bag and walked out of the resort after kissing my baby. Omkara, it's time for me to deal with you.