Chapter 6

Gauri~

I kept tossing and turning on my bed, sleep was miles away from me as I thought of a long haired guy, who came into my world and occupied my thoughts. I couldn't believe that we both confessed our feelings for each other. I was surprised when Om actually remembered and took efforts to celebrate my birthday. He was such a cutie pie and all mine. I hugged the pillow and slept to dream about my Om.

Next day Morning, I woke up and got ready wearing a Jeans and a loose t-shirt. I am going to attend the cricket finals where Om's team was playing against the rival team. I reached the stadium and saw Omkara wearing a white jersey, discussing something with his teammates seriously. He looked handsome even when he was seriously explaining his teammates about the game. I stood there observing him silently. After a while, he noticed me and smiled brightly. He came jogging towards me after excusing his teammates.

"Hey, I was waiting for you." Om said hugging me."Finally you came."

"How could I not come to watch you win." I said smiling.

"How do you know we are going to win, Hmm? " Om asked raising his brow.

"I have confidence on my Om." I said and Om smiled bright hugging me tightly and kissing in my forehead.

"I will definitely win for you." Om said and his coach called him as the game was about to start.

"Okay, I have to go now and I will see you after the match. We have to celebrate my victory, right? " He said and I nodded.

"All the best, Om." I said giving a small kiss on his cheek.

"Thank you, Love." He said pulling my cheeks and ran towards his team.

The game started and the rival team win the toss and chose to bat first. For the first half of the game, Omkara being the captain was seen busy making the fielding arrangements on the field and trying to control the score and then Omkara's team came for batting. The sun was bright in the sky and the teammates are visibly tired because of running around the field to defend the score.

The game resumed after a short break and much to everyone's disappointment the first 4 batsmen of the team failed to be on the ground as they returned to the pavilion even before making a two digit score. The rival team was giving tough competition and defending the score. Omkara came in the fifth position and he began to make the score run with continuous four's and sixes giving a hard time for the opposition team. Everyone was getting tired but Omkara was playing with the same energy from the start to end, without a hint of tiredness in his body. Finally he made a century and successfully made his team win the tournament. Loud cheers and claps erupted in the stadium as Omkara's friends and teammates congratulated him for his outstanding performance and for being the man of the match. The trophy was presented to Omkara and his team and he looked very happy. He waved his hand showing trophy in my direction while I cheered for himI

After the trophy presentation,Omkara and his teammates were going towards the back of the stadium to freshen up and I ran towards Omkara to congratulate him.

"Omkara__" I called him from behind and he turned back. I ran towards him and jumped to give a hug.

"Congratulations, you played the game wonderfully." I said hugging him.

"Thank You, Gauri." Omkara said, "but I think you shouldn't have hugged me."

"Why? What's wrong with me hugging you? " I asked confused.

"I am all dirty and stinking due to all that running and playing in the ground." He said making a face.

"Like I care. I will still love you the same even in your worst." I said hugging him even tight making him chuckle.

"Okay, I will meet you in the parking lot in 15 minutes after I freshen up. Wait there for me." He said cupping my face and I nodded.

"Gauri, what are you thinking about with out eating?" My mom asked eyeing my plate.

"Nothing, Mom." I said and began to eat my food.

"See... See... Aeroplane is coming... Wruuumm... Wruuumm... Open your mouth." Rudra said as he motioned the spoon of baby food like aeroplane in the air and brought it near Ved's mouth to feed him.

"Yes, that's my boy. Now another spoon and it will done." Rudra said showing the empty bowl.

"Arey waah! Ru, You managed to feed him all his baby food. It's like a Herculean task for mom everyday." I said appreciating him.

"That's Rudy's magic." He said proudly, "My superman is in my team, he will listen to his uncle without troubling him. Right, Ved? " He cooed and Ved made some baby noises which Rudra thought as yes.

I rolled my eyes.

"Is there any progress with Khurana's deal, Gauri? " My dad asked.

"No Dad, they are not ready to accept our conditions. However there was another client who was interested in the deal. I have a meeting with them tomorrow, the deal will be finalized by the end of the week." I said.

"Mom and Dad, I have a surprise for you." I said making them look at me.

"Don't say you found a guy for you. Because I can't let a poor guy's life get ruined in front of my eyes marrying a devil like you." Rudra said making me throw an apple at him.

"You idiot, I am not a devil you monster." I said starting a fight with him.

"Stop fighting like kids, you both." My mom reprimanded.

"Rudra, don't fight with your sister. She is elder to you respect her." My dad said earning a hug from me as I stick my tongue out mocking Rudra.

"Gauri, tell us about the surprise." My mom said and I placed a brown envelope on the table for my mom and dad to open.

"Tickets for world tour! " My mom and Dad gasped in surprise.

"Yes, you both had been working all your life and it's time for you two to have a vacation." I said smiling.

"No, Gauri. We can't go." My mom said and my dad nodded.

"Why? " Rudra asked.

"How can we go for a vacation leaving Ved. How can you manage him alone?" My mom said concerned.

"Yes, I can't stay away from my cutie pie." My dad said.

"Mom, I will manage him. He is an understanding kid and I was used to manage him." I said trying to convince her.

"Yes, Mom. Even I will be there to help Di." Rudra said supporting me.

"And Dad, you can always stay in touch with him through video calls. So, now without any further arguments you both go and pack the bags and get ready for your flight tonight." I said as my Mom and Dad their way to the room to pack their luggage, sulking.