Chapter 23

"Gauri? " Omkara said looking between Ved and Me. I looked at him frozen.

"Omkara." My voice barely came from my throat.

"You here? " He asked surprised.

"I.. I came here to attend this munchkin's birthday party." I said smiling nervously, "His Mom, Anika, she's my best friend."

"Okay." He said looking at Anika and me.

"Gauri, I think the numbness in my arm got down. I can carry my baby now." Anika said faking a smile.

"Yeah sure." I acted along but my baby had other plans he refused to let me go.

"Hahaha... My baby loves his maasi more than me." Anika said smiling nervously.

"Why don't you go and enjoy the party, Omkara." I said smiling.

"I was about to but then I saw you and thought to ask you to accompany me for dinner." Omkara said.

"Who are you talking with, Omkara? " Omkara's parents asked coming towards us. Great!

"Mom and Dad, meet Gauri." Omkara said introducing me to his parents.

"Gauri? As in your Gauri! " His mom asked looking me wide eyed and he nodded.

"OMG, I can't believe, finally I got a chance to meet you. You are so beautiful." His mom said pulling me into a hug.

"Sorry, my mom's a bit dramatic." Omkara apologized.

"Shut up." His mom said, "My son always talks about you, He was very upset when you left him and was searching for you everywhere, finally he found you and I am happy."

"Hello beta, I am Tej Singh Oberoi, Omkara's father." His father said smiling warmly and I smiled back nervously.

"Gauri, we are glad to meet you, I hope you both would clear your differences soon." His mom said, "I can't wait for the day to see you both have a cutie pie like him." She said smiling dreamily looking at Ved.

Omkara winked at me.

I stood there not knowing what to do with Ved in my arms playing with my hair unaware of all the tension, I was going through.

"Gauri, It's time for cake cutting." Shivaay said coming to my rescue.

"Yes, we should go and cut the cake." Anika said smiling. "Come on, Ved come to Momma."

But my baby was not in a mood to leave me, he hugged me tight hiding his face in my crook surprising the Oberoi's.

"Seems like, he likes you." Omkara's father said smiling.

"Chalo, Gauri let's go." Anika said and we turned around to leave.

"Hello..Hai..bye bye..." A familiar loud voice came from behind shocking us.

"Mom/Mummyji." Shivaay and Anika said in shock seeing Shivaay's mom, Manorama.

"Mom, what are you doing here? " Shivaay asked in a shocked whisper.

"Haaye... Haaye.. What am I doing here? " Manorama aunty said, "Just like you all I too came to attend the party, Rudra invited me." Manorama aunty said while Oberoi's looked at us confused. Rudra... I am gonna kill you.

"This is my mother in law." Anika introduced Manorama aunty to Oberoi's, who are looking confused.

"When did you came to Paris from India, Mom." Shivaay asked.

"I came today, Rudra arranged tickets for me." Manorama aunty said flipping her hair, "Haaye... He's so cute." Manorama aunty said looking at Ved.