Chapter 24

"I am sorry, Omkara." I said after breaking the hug. "I was too afraid of thinking about losing Ved, that I kept him hidden from you. I thought you would ask for his custody or worse take him away from me, I can't live without him." I said expressing my fears.

"I would never do that to you, Gauri." Omkara said honestly. "I regret the day I let you go, I wish I had cleared the misunderstandings between us much earlier. Only then I would have had a chance to watch my son grow up."

"I am sorry, Omkara." I said feeling sad for keeping him away from Ved.

"Don't be, Gauri, I deserved that."

"No, don't blame yourself, Omkara." I said cupping his face, "Let the bygones be bygones, you can still have a place in Ved's life."

"I want you also, Gauri. I can't do anything without you, these 2 years were the longest 2 years in my life, not a day gone by without missing you. I wanted to give our son a perfect family with you, Gauri. Please give me a chance to win your trust back, please." Omkara said falling on his knees.

It broke my heart to see him broken. I did want my heart told me. I squatted beside and wrapped my arms around his pulling him into a hug.

"I forgive you, Omkara." I said, "I will give us a chance."

He smiled through his tears and pulled me into a hug mumbling thank you. I hugged him back wrapping my hands around his torso, inhaling his soothing masculine scent.

"What happened? " I asked when Om suddenly came out of the peaceful embrace.

"We have to go back to the party area, don't know what all are happening there! " Om said making me nervous.

"Om, I am afraid." I said softly. "Of facing your parents, I kept their grandson away from them." I said looking down at the ground.

"Don't be scared." Om said lifting my face with his fingers. "They will love you and I am sure they would be dancing in joy forgetting everything." Omkara said and I nodded.

"Come on let's go, we don't want to get late for our son's birthday party." Omkara said as he pulled me with him holding my hand.

When we were to enter the party area, I was feeling nervous and Omkara was rubbing my hand in a assuring way. Finally when we entered the party area, I was shocked seeing the scene in front of me.

My mom and Omkara's mom were sitting on a table, laughing with Ved in between them. Tej uncle and my dad were talking happily at the bar counter sipping wine discreetly. On the other hand Shivaay and Anika were speaking with Manorama aunty and Rudra was seen flirting with Bhavya. It's totally opposite to what I have imagined would have been happening here.

"See, I told you not to worry." Omkara said linking his hand with mine.

"Look, our kids are back." Jhanvi aunty said as she noticed us.

"Gauri, I spoke with Jhanvi ji and she told us what all happened between you and Omkara." My mom said.

"I hope you both cleared misunderstandings between you." My dad said coming with Tej uncle.

"Everything's good between us." Omkara said pulling me closer to him.

"It's good hearing that." Anika said and everyone nodded with bright smiles.

Omkara looked at me smiling and I blushed, Ved giggled in my mom's arms trying to reach us. And before I can grab him, Omkara took him in his arms and hugged him closer to his chest with his eyes closed.

Omkara~

I am a Dad!! I have a cute son with Gauri, I am unaware of all these days. Ved is my son and now I understand why I always felt a connection with him. Happy is a short word to describe my feelings right now.
I had my son in my arms and the love of my Life, Gauri on my side. Life can't be better than this.

A single tear of joy escaped as I opened my eyes to look at my son, who was smiling cutely in my arms. He was cute just like his mother with bubbly cheeks. It's fascinating that Gauri and I made this cutie pie.

"Hey buddy, I am your Dad." I said kissing my son's cheeks. He giggled and placed his small hands on my cheeks.

"He's so much like you." I said to Gauri and she shook her head.

"He's much like you." She said.

"I can't believe, I am a father." I said as I side hugged Gauri wrapping my arm around her waist. "I promise to love and take care of you both." I said and kissed Ved and Gauri in their foreheads.

"It's time for cake cutting." Anika said breaking our moment.

"Let's go." Gauri said and walked towards the party area with me and Ved following her behind.

Gauri and I made Ved cut the cake and posed for a family photo. Later when party came to an end, Ved was already asleep in my arms.

"Let me hold him." Gauri said taking Ved from me. "

"I wish I could spend more time with him but he fell asleep." I said.

"He must be tired, that's why he fell asleep so soon." Gauri said kissing Ved on his cheek carefully trying not to awake him. "I am leaving to home Omkara. Ved needs to be in his bed to sleep comfortable."

"So soon? " I said feeling sad to be away from Gauri and Ved, "He didn't even had his food."

"Yes, I have office tomorrow and Ved will wake-up soon and I will feed him in home." Gauri said smiling.

"Don't worry, you can meet and play with him tomorrow." Gauri said smiling making me grin happily.

"Thank you for letting me be in your lives." I said hugging Gauri.

"Shh... You gonna wake him up." Gauri said pushing me away slightly making me chuckle.

"Okay, I am sorry." I smiled and walked Gauri to her car.

"Good night, Omkara." Gauri said after placing Ved in his car seat carefully.

"Good night, Gauri. See you both tomorrow." I said and Gauri smiled opening her car door to get into the car.

"Gauri." I called her and she turned around to face me.

"What? Did you forgot something?" She asked looking confused cutely.

I shook my head slightly and walked closer to her.

"I love you." I said and kissed her on her cheek making her blush. "And you are cute like always." I said pulling her cheeks, how much I missed pulling her cute bubbly cheeks.

"Ouch! It hurts." She said whacking on my hand and rubbing her cheeks making me laugh.

Aww... My life is loaded with endless love and cuteness.