Chapter 14 - Mik (Part 1)

Mik anticipated Sam's move. He could sense it coming with the shift in Sam's scent. Part of him wanted to immediately react and shove him away but another part wondered if Sam would be bold enough to make such a move.

So he let him linger. Let him inhale his scent. Let him analyze every crease and crevice of his features and the way his scent made him feel.

The way the matebond made him feel.

That was all it was. The effects of the matebond and nothing more.

He prepared himself the way Sam did. Relaxed in the moment. Let the nature of the bond work its magic. Let the tingles of Sam's gaze travel over his flesh and raise the hairs on Mik's arms and nape. Let the tingles dance on his lips.

The urge hit his groin and he resisted the temptation to lick his lips.

At that moment, Sam took his chance. It was cautious, like a timid rabbit poking his head out of his burrow, his nose wiggling and ears tilted forward, listening.

His lips were warm, soft little pillows that sent sparks to fire off within him.

Instinctively, Mik shoved him away with a snarl. Chests expanded in deep bursts of breath. He curled his fingers into the collar of Sam's polo T-shirt as he glared into his startled blue eyes. Rosy cheeks over lips that appeared redder, fuller, like an aroused female, yet his scent was still masculine with sweet undertones that confused his nature.

But the bond persisted.

He wrenched Sam forward and grasped his lips with his own.

More startling sparks fired off and he groaned into Sam. Hungrily, greedily feasting on Sam's lips as the initial shock wore off and Sam shifted his weight as he leaned over Mik. Heat flared under their skin. Mik could feel it radiating through Sam's clothes. Felt it in his palm that he rested on Mik's shoulder.

He could tell Sam had never kissed anyone before—he was all over the place. But fireworks set off by the matebond overtook that fact and it was all Mik could feel. The sensations of it rocketed through him. His body quivered. Weakness took to his arm as he released Sam's collar and clutched the back of his neck, pulling him down further to deepen the kiss.

Sam's lips began to move with his rhythm and he whimpered as desire curled between them.

Pushing him away abruptly, Mik's hand pressed against Sam's collarbone. Gasping, he struggled to fill his aching lungs as his entire body tingled with electricity. His balls clenched tightly. His cock throbbed in his shorts. Desire flooded the air as Sam's eyes lazily opened, his pupils fully dilated and his cheeks and lips a shade darker.

Fucking idiot! Mik snarled at himself. He curled his fingers around the collar of Sam's shirt and wheezed, "This doesn't change anything."

He shoved Sam and he fell back on the floor, his knees giving out under him. He stared up at Mik as he panted, shock and hurt written all over his face with strands of his black hair in his eyes. Despite the tightness in Mik's chest, he glared down at Sam.

While the kiss was sensational and unlike anything he had ever experienced before, Mik refused to see it as anything more than the effects of the matebond. Sam was still a male. Kissing him was still disgusting. Getting aroused by him was even more revolting. Nothing between them would ever be real.

"It's just the matebond. And nothing more."

Pain and confusion marred Sam's face as his blue eyes lowered.

Neither of them moved for a minute, both of them breathing hard as their heads cleared.

Finally, Sam pulled himself up and dusted his hands on his pants. "I'll go get us some dinner." His voice was a whisper, but he was holding his own.