art museum

(Your POV)

I practically run up the stairs to the Metropolitan Museum in NYC, so excited to see the thousands of pieces of artwork on display. I've always been fascinated by art and coming to the Met is one of my favorite things to do.

Today's however, is even more special because I get to go with my boyfriend, Timothée. I haven't spent much time with him lately because he's been working, but he planned this special day for the two of us.

"Y/N, slow down!" Timothée calls from behind, laughing as he watches me skip up the steps.

"I can't, I'm too excited! I want to show you all my favorite pieces!" I respond.

Timothée finally catches up with me and we present our tickets to an employee. She lets us in and it takes all I have in my not to run around.

"So, where should we go first?" I ask, bouncing up and down. Timothée laughs and shakes his head.

"Wherever you want, my dear."

"Well, if you insist," I say, grabbing Timothée's hand and dragging him in the direction of the costume exhibit. This is one of my favorites because of the Met Gala.

When we enter the main part of the exhibit, my eyes open wide. I've been here countless times but it still feels like the first.

As I observe a beautiful silk gown, I feel Timothée wrap his arms around my waist. He rests his head on top of mine and we rock slowly from side to side.

"What do you think of this one?" I ask.

"I think you would look absolutely stunning in it." I'm glad he can't see my face because I know my cheeks are bright red.

We continue on through the exhibit, but I notice Timothée has his eyes on me the whole time.

"Why are you staring at me?" I ask.

"Why, can't a guy adore his beautiful girlfriend?"

I roll my eyes and blush even harder.

"Besides, you light up in this place. I love seeing you so happy."

I hug Timothée tightly. "Don't make me cry, Timothée."

"I wouldn't dare."

We pull apart and continue our way through the museum. It's always fun coming with Timothée because we imitate the people in the painting and make fun of their funny expressions.

I turn around to see Timothée with his hands tucked in his armpits, flapping his arms up and down like a chicken. Behind him is a picture of a farm. I burst out laughing as he begins to do the chicken dance. The people around us turn their noses in disgust as they watch two young people chicken dance in the middle of a prestigious museum, but I don't care. In fact. I'm having too much fun to pay attention.

The last exhibit we go to is one full of old Roman statues. I stand back as Timothée observes the marble pieces. He's so handsome, I think to myself. The curly hair, the chiseled jawline... wait, the chiseled jawline.

I glance at a statue in the center of the room and back to Timothée. No way. He looks just like that statue.

"Timothée," I say, calling for his attention. He comes over with a confused look on his face. "You look exactly like the dude on that statue."

"What? No way. I don't see it."

"Well I do. Here let me take a picture. Stand in front of it."

I watch as Timothée stands in front of the statue, mimicking the pose of the barely clothed sculpture. I try my best not to laugh so I can take a picture that isn't blurry.

"Done. Come look." I show Timothée the photo and even he agrees the similarity is uncanny. The same curly hair, the same jawline, same nose. If Timothée were 300 years old, I would've guessed he modeled for the sculptor.

"Wow. I guess we do look alike."

"Yeah, but I think he's a little more attractive," I joke. Timothée playfully punches me in the arm and to make him feel better after the joke, I give him a kiss.

We finish walking through the museum and head out.

"So what part was your favorite?" I ask.

"You. Seeing you so happy."

My cheeks burn bright red and words escape me. Instead of saying anything, I clutch Timothée's hand and rest my head on his shoulder as we walk down the busy New York sidewalk.

The best day ever with the best guy ever.

***
a/n:

hi! sorry this one kinda sucks. i just wanted to get something uploaded.

thanks for reading, though! please like, follow, and share for more!

also i take requests! if you want one, please don't be afraid to pm me ur ideas! i'd love to hear em!

have a great day/night! :)

much love, lyra