café stranger pt. 1 *request*

part one to the request made by the wonderful @hxlxnmoon ! enjoy luv!! <3

(Your POV)

"Y/N, party of two?" The hostess calls out to the small crowd of people waiting outside the French café in the center of NYC.

My friends and I approach the hostess and follow her as she weaves through packed tables and we follow her up the stairs to the rooftop portion of the café. Finally we reach our table, which is right near the edge of the rooftop and has a stunning view of the sprawling city below.

"This place is amazing," I say to my best friend as the hostess walks away, leaving us with menus. "And the food looks soooo good."

"I know, right!" Y/B/F exclaims. "I'm gonna get so fat tonight."

I laugh at Y/B/F's comment, and at the same time I laugh, I hear someone else's laugh coming from another table.

I search the area to see where the sound is coming from, and eventually my eyes land on the most gorgeous human being I have ever seen. Tiny freckles dot his pale skin, and his dark brown curls fall in perfect spirals across his forehead. I can't see his eyes from here, but I imagine that they are sparkling and blue. He's angelic, and I can't seem to pull my eyes away from him.

That is, until he happens to glance over in my direction. We make eye contact for a brief second before I look away, hiding behind my menu. God, this is so embarrassing. I can't even look at someone attractive without blushing out of embarrassment.

"Y/N? You all good?" Y/B/F asks, looking a little concerned.

"Huh? Oh, yeah. I'm fine," I say.

"Okay..." Y/B/F says slowly, not convinced.

I take a few moments to look through the menu, but I keep thinking about the beautiful boy I saw sitting just a few tables away. After a small internal debate, I decide to look back over to him. When I lift my eyes away from my menu and towards the stranger, I notice him already watching me. This time he is the one to look away with rosy cheeks.

I smile to myself. The crazily attractive stranger, was looking at me. This can't be real.

"Y/N! Hello?" Y/B/F calls out to me, waving a hand in front of my eyes. "You alive in there?"

"Yeah, what?"

"What do you want to eat? The waitress is here."

"Oh, my God! I am so sorry. I will take the soup. Sorry about that again," I say to the waitress apologetically. The waitress smiles and takes our menus before walking off.

"Seriously Y/N, what's going on? I feel left out," Y/B/F says.

"Nothing, really. There's just a really cute boy over there and I saw him looking at me, that's all."

"WHAT?!" Y/B/F yells, attracting stares from nearly everyone around, including the handsome boy.

"Shhh! Would you quiet down?" I say softly.

"Where is he?"

"Sitting behind you, two tables from your left. But don't make it obvious."

Of course, Y/B/F makes it obvious. She spins in her chair and scans the area until she finds the boy. He looks up at us and Y/B/F quickly turns back around.

"Oh my God, he is so cute," Y/B/F says.

"I know right! But now he knows we were talking about him. I told you to not be obvious."

"Girl, you know that's not my strong suit. So, you gonna talk to him?"

"Pfft. Good joke."

"Come on. When will you ever see someone this cute again. And he's been checking you out too."