artist

*fyi - that isn't my artwork above! i'm not nearly as artistically talented, all credit goes to the real artist!*

(Your POV)

Sitting in the small café, I pull my sketchbook and pencils out of my bag and scan the room for someone to draw.

When I'm feeling unmotivated or uninspired, I like to go out and draw random people. It might sound a little creepy, but it really helps me get in the artsy mood. Plus, people always get so excited whenever I hand them their portraits, which makes me happy.

After a moment, my eyes settle on a boy sitting in the corner of the café. His head rests perfectly on his hand and he looks bored at whatever conversation he is having at the moment. I decide that he is the one I want to draw.

I start sketching his face, taking note of his sharp jawline. Then I move onto the nose, which is perfectly sculpted. His lips come next, and then his eyes. I make sure to capture the sparkle in his eyes, how they seem so warm and friendly. Lastly, I draw in his curls, which are messy yet somehow make him look incredibly put together.

As I'm drawing, I can't help but notice how attractive this boy is. I've drawn plenty of people before, but I've never been so entranced by anyone before as I have with this boy.

I make the finishing touches on the drawing and sit back to admire my masterpiece. I think I did a pretty good job.

I sign my name to the corner and then rip the page out of my sketchbook, ready to give the stranger the portrait. As I am about to stand up, however, I feel butterflies in my stomach.

I'm usually not nervous to show people my drawings. I never really care what other people think about them, because I love all the pieces I make. But for some reason, I am hesitant to show this boy the portrait I drew.

"Will he like it? Will he think I'm crazy for staring at him long enough to draw him?" I think to myself.

After I give myself a little pep talk, I jump out of my seat and walk in his direction before I can talk myself out of it.

When I reach the table, I awkwardly interrupt the man sitting across from the boy I drew. I feel bad at first. Whatever they are talking about seems kind of important. But I already interrupted, so I can't turn back his.

"Hi. I'm so sorry to interrupt. I just wanted to give this to you," I say, nervously handing the boy the paper from my sketchbook. He looks at the drawing with wide eyes and a smile slowly creeps onto his face.

"Did you do this?" he asks excitedly.

"Yeah. I've been sitting over in that corner," I say, pointing to the opposite side of the café. "I hope you don't think this is creepy or weird or anything. When I feel uninspired I draw random strangers I see around."

"No, no I don't think it's creepy at all. This is so flattering. You made me look way better than I actually do," the boy said with a chuckle.

"Oh. I don't know about that..."

"This is amazing. You're really talented. I'm Timothée, by the way."

"Thank you, Timothée. That's very sweet of you to say. And I'm Y/N."

"That's a beautiful name," Timothée says. I can feel my heart do a flip and I already know my cheeks are burning bright red.

"Listen, I hate to break up this... sweet... moment between you two, but we have to decide about this contract right now, Timothée. The producers won't wait much longer," the man sitting across from Timothée says.

Oh, so he's an actor. I guess I can't be too surprised. I mean, it looks like he was made to be on screen.

"Right. Um, well Y/N, if you're ever feeling uninspired again, here's my number," Timothée says as he grabs the pen from the other man's hand and scribbles his number on a napkin. "Or, you could call if you ever want to go out to dinner or something," Timothée says, giving me a dashing smile.

"Oh, um, thank you," I say nervously. "And thanks for the nice comments about my art."

"Anytime," Timothée says.

I give him a small wave and then walk back to my seat, collecting my things and slipping my bag onto my shoulders. I try my best to remain calm, not wanting Timothée to see how excited I am.

I walk over to the door and quickly look back to see Timothée watching me with a smile on his face. He's clearly ignoring what the other man is saying. I smile back and then head out the door.

When I'm sure I am out of his view through the window, I do a little happy dance on the sidewalk.

I am definitely feeling inspired right now...

***

howdy! another quick-ish imagine for ya. idk how i feel about this one... not sure i'm really feeling it. but i'm definitely not feeling myself rewriting it, so oh well.

hope you are all safe and healthy! hang in there!

much love, lyra <3