polaroids

(Your POV)

Standing in my grandmother's basement, I rummage through a box and find an old Polaroid camera at the bottom.

"Hey! Look at this!" I call to Timothée from across the room, holding the camera up for him to see.

He comes over and takes it from my hands, turning it in his hands and observing it.

"Oh wow, I haven't seen one of these in so long. Think it still works?" Timothée asks.

"I don't know. Is there film in it?"

Timothée shakes the camera slightly and we hear the film rattle around inside.

"Yup," Timothée says. "Wait, stand over there and smile."

I do as he says, standing against the wall and showing off my pearly whites for the camera. There's a bright flash and a few seconds later, the blank film slides from the bottom of the camera. Timothée shakes the film a few times, and soon my face develops onto it.

"Beautiful!" Timothée says as he admires the photo of me.

"Why thank you! Now let me take one of you!" I say, taking the camera from Timothée. He takes my place against the wall and I click the shutter button, the flash going off and capturing his incredibly handsome face.

We end up having a mini photo shoot in the basement, using old coats, hats and whatever other trinkets we can find to enhance our photos. We make each other laugh with crazy poses and silly faces. Eventually, we use up the last of the film left in the camera after compiling a huge stack of polaroids.

"I love these," I say as I sift through each of the photos. "But I love you more," I say as I lean over and give Timothée a peck on the cheek.

"I love you too. And by the way, I'm stealing all of these pictures," Timothée says as he takes the stack from my hand.

"What?! Why? I want some!" I exclaim.

"You'll get them back. But I want to do something with them first."

"Fine. But you better not ruin them."

"Trust me, I won't."

******
A few months later
******

"Can I open my eyes yet?" I ask with my hands covering my eyes.

"Almost," Timothée says. I hear a rustling on the table in front of me. Then, Timothée gently pulls my hands away from my face.

When I look down, I see a wrapped gift resting on the table.

"Can I open it?" I ask eagerly.

"Of course."

I rip off the wrapping paper to reveal a simple black scrapbook with the words "Y/N and Timothée" inscribed in gold lettering on the cover.

"What's this?" I ask, even though I already know what it is.

"Open it!"

When I flip open the front cover, I see pages and pages full of all the Polaroid photos we took that day in my grandmother's basement. Beneath each one, Timothée wrote a little caption.

"I told you you'd get them back," Timothée says.

"I should've believed you," I say, giggling. "I love it. I'm going to look back at this forever."

"I'm glad you like it. Oh! And I write something for you on the inside cover."

I flip back to the front cover and see a handwritten note addressed to me.

Dear Y/N,

I told you that I would give these back to you, didn't I? I just wanted to say how much I love you. I will cherish these little moments with you — all the spontaneous photoshoots, goofy moments, and never-ending laughing fits — for the rest of my life. I love you so so much,
Y/N. I love you forever.

Kisses forever,
Timothée

When I finish reading his note, tears of happiness stream down my face.

"I love you so much, Timothée. This is the sweetest gift I've ever received. I love love love you."

"I love you more, Y/N."

Timothée takes my fave in his hands and presses his lips against mine. Just like every time we kiss, sparks fly and butterflies erupt in my stomach.

How did I get so lucky?

***

hi! i don't really like this imagine, but i'm tired of rewriting it so this is what i came up with (i wrote this two times already but it didn't save either time so all my work was gone). i hope you enjoy it though!

one more imagines coming out tonight! just a few minutes so hang tight. i'm trying to be better about uploading so hopefully these four imagines i uploaded today will make up for the dry spell i had.

pls like, share, and follow if you want to see more! thanks in advance!

much love, lyra <3