coming out *request*

thank you so so much to @sadies_smile for requesting this imagine! i hope you like it! <3

*disclaimer: i am not bi/gay/etc., so i have no experience in coming out. it is not my intention to be offensive or rude in this imagine, so please call me out if it sounds that way because it is not my intention to be ignorant. ilyasm, thank you. i hope this helps some of you <3*

(Your POV)

Today is it.

Today is the day I come out as bisexual to my best friend, Timothée.

I have been dreading this day for forever. Timothée is the only person I have left in my life, and I would be absolutely devastated if he reacted the same way my family did.

It took me years to build up enough courage to tell my family that I'm bi. My parents are pretty traditional, so I had always been scared of how they would react. Eventually I convinced myself to come out, and it was a disaster to say the least. My parents basically disowned me, they don't want to support a daughter who isn't straight.

Without them, Timothée is all I have. I know he will be supportive of me no matter what, but I'm still scared. If I lose him, I will have no one. And that terrifies me.

I invited Timothée over to my apartment tonight, telling him I had a special surprise. He's been trying to guess that surprise all day, but he hasn't come close. I don't think he'll be expecting this.

I thought for a long time about how I would tell Timothée the news. I didn't want to just flat-out say it because that's what I did with my parents, and the memories aren't too fond. I finally decided on baking a cake with three layers — one pink, one purple, and one blue — to represent the colors on the bisexual flag. I don't know if he'll understand it or not, but hopefully he will.

I take the cake layers out of the oven, stack them up, and decorate the cake with frosting and sprinkles. I stand back and look at my masterpiece, feeling proud of my creation. I'm just hoping Timothée will also feel proud.

Once I finish cleaning up the kitchen, I pace back and forth through my apartment as I wait for Timothée. My mind races through all the possible outcomes of tonight. The likely option is that Timothée will be supportive and happy for me. But there's also a small chance that he'll react the same way my parents did.

After a while of overthinking, I hear my front door open and someone walking through the apartment. Timothée appears in the kitchen with a big smile on his face, a key dangling from his fingers. I had given Timothée a key to my apartment a while ago since he's my best friend and basically lives here. Hopefully he won't be giving it back later today.

"Hey, Y/N!" Timothée says excitedly.

"Hey," I say, my voice wavering a little. He shoots me a look.

"Are you okay?" He asks, worry etched into his features.

"What? Yeah, yeah I'm fine."

"You sure? You don't sound fine."

"I am. I'm just a little nervous about the surprise, that's all," I say, rubbing my hands together.

"Should I be nervous too?" Timothée asks with a slight chuckle, clearly trying to ease the tension a little bit.

"No, no I don't think so," I say.

Timothée looks at me expectantly. I freeze, suddenly losing the small bit of confidence I managed to build up earlier.

"Y/N, please tell me what's going on. I can tell you're worried about something, just talk to me," Timothée says to reassure me.

A take a deep breath. "I have something important to tell you, but I'm just nervous that you'll get mad or you won't like me anymore."