first kiss

(Your POV)

Timothée takes my hand in his, gently leading me out of the crowded restaurant. When we step outside, I take a breath of fresh air, enjoying the cool summer breeze on my skin. When I turn to look at Timothée, I see that his eyes are already on me, a playful smile dancing across his lips.

"What are you smiling at?" I ask, suddenly a bit self-conscious and worried that I may have food on my face or something.

"Nothing," Timothée responds casually, lightly shrugging his shoulders and beginning to walk in the other direction, dragging me alongside him since our hands are still intertwined.

"No, tell me!" I protest, determined to know what's on his mind.

"Fine. I'm smiling at how beautiful and amazing my girlfriend is. And I'm smiling at the fact that I finally get to call you my girlfriend."

I remain silent, taking in what Timothée just said. We've been friends for years, but tonight is our first date as more than just friends. Hearing Timothée call me beautiful sends butterflies rippling through my stomach.

I clear my throat, changing the subject before I say something embarrassing that I might regret later.

"So, where are we going now?" I ask, not quite ready to end the night.

"I want to take you somewhere special."

"Oooh, where?" I ask eagerly, skipping as if I were a little kid.

"Can't tell you, it's a surprise."

"Pleeeaaasee?" I whine.

"Nope. You'll just have to wait and see."

I sigh, accepting defeat, and let Timothée lead me through the busy sidewalks, his hand gripping mine tightly.

We walk for a few more minutes until Timothée turns into a park. A few dim lamps light up the stone pathways, and there is hardly anybody around. It's quiet in the park, a stark contrast to the overcrowded city sidewalks just beyond the iron fence.

Timothée eventually stops at a bench overlooking a small pond. I sit down beside him and take in my surroundings. Beautiful pink flowers line the pathway, and giant weeping willow trees hang over the still pond. A few ducks quietly paddle in the water, sending out gentle ripples. Looking up, I can see the stars shimmering against the dark night sky, a bright full moon hanging overhead.

"Wow, it's beautiful here," I whisper, afraid that if I speak too loud, the peacefulness will disappear forever.

"Not as beautiful as you," Timothée says.

I look over at him and my heartbeat quickens. The lamppost illuminates my cheeks, which have turned a deep shade of red. My breath gets shallower and it takes all I have in me to make myself seem calm and collected in front of Timothée.

Timothée's blue-green eyes stare deeply into mine for a moment before he glances down at my lips. His tongue pokes out, gently swiping across his bottom lip, before he moves his attention back to my eyes.

Oh god, I think to myself, why does he have to be so perfect?

"Y/N," Timothée begins, "I had a really amazing time with you at dinner. We've been to countless restaurants together before, but it feels so much better knowing that we were out on a date, as boyfriend and girlfriend. I've been dreaming of that date for a long time."

"I have too," I say quietly. "I also had a great time."

"I've also been dreaming of this for a long time," Timothée says.

He adjusts himself on the bench so that he is facing me completely. He then cups his hand around my cheek, and I can't help but lean into it. Timothée slowly leans forward, his eyes focused on my lips, mine focused on his. He pauses mere centimeters from my lips, and I can feel his breath on my face. My own breath hitches in my throat as my heart beats uncontrollably. At last, I lean in too, my lips finally meeting his.

As soon as the kiss begins, I feel butterflies explode in my stomach. Everything around us disappears, it's just Timothée and I. The kiss feels so right, like we were made perfectly for each other.

After a moment Timothée pulls away slightly, resting his forehead on mine. I can't help but notice that his breath also seems to have been taken away, like mine. My lips feel cold without him, and I find myself desperately wanting more.

"Wow," he breathes out.

"Wow," I whisper back.

"You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do that," Timothée says. "It was even better than I imagined it would be."

"You mean it?"

"Of course I do."

"Well let's try again, just for good measure," I say.

"Don't have to ask me twice."

Timothée kisses me again, this time with even more passion than before. Our lips dance together in perfect rhythm, and our hands pull each other closer, desperately wanting to be as close as possible. It's as if fireworks are shooting off overhead. I can't get enough of him.

And as I kiss Timothée, I realize just how lucky I am to have fallen for him. It was the best first kiss ever.

***

howdy! i hope you like this imagine! i thought it was super cute, hbu?

sorry for not updating in a while. i haven't had much motivation for inspiration to write, and plus i'm getting ready to move to college so that's been taking up a lot of time.

if you made a request that hasn't been fulfilled yet - DONT WORRY! i didn't forget abt you and i'm working on getting it up, i promise! (p.s. i only wrote requests that are sent to me as a private message. if you make a request as a comment i WILL NOT do it. so if you have a request, pls pls pls pm me!!)

anyways, please like share and follow if you enjoyed this imagine. tia! <3

stay safe and healthy!

much love, lyra <3