you're going to be a dad!

(Your POV)

I stare down at the pregnancy test in my hands. There are two blue lines: I'm pregnant.

I begin to panic a little. This was an accident. I know Timothée will be supportive, but part of me worries he won't be. Our careers are just beginning, after all, and a baby will disrupt everything.

"Honey, I'm home!" Timothée shouts as he comes home. His voice is so cheerful and I can't help but imagine how sad he might be when he hears about the pregnancy.

"I'm in here," I shout back from the bedroom.

Timothée comes rushing in with a huge smile on his face and he jumps onto the bed next to me.

"I have something to tell you," both Timothée and I say at the same time.

"Oh, you go first," Timothée says to me.

"No you go first."

"No you."

"Timothée. Just go first. You seem more excited about your news."

"Okay," Timothée says as he sits up. "I'm playing Bob Dylan!"

"What?! What do you mean?!" I say excitedly.

"They're making a new movie about Bob Dylan and his career and they want me to play him. Isn't that crazy?!"

"Wow! That's amazing," I say as I reach over and hug him tightly. "I'm so proud of you and happy for you."

"Thank you, my love. So what's your news?"

In the excitement of Timothée's news, I almost forgot that I am pregnant. I start to fidget and I can't keep eye contact with Timothée. For a moment, I even consider not telling him. Stupid idea, I know.

"Babe? Are you okay?"

"Yeah, it's just... I don't really know how to say this."

"Just say it. Blurt it out."

"Okay..."

Timothée gestured with his hands for me to continue after I hesitate. I take his hands in mine and stare him dead in the eye.

"I'm pregnant!" I burst out. I search his face for any sort of reaction, but for a second he is too shocked to react at all.

"Timmy? Are you okay?" I ask, trying my best not to let my voice quiver. I knew he'd be upset, I thought to myself.

"I'm gonna be a dad," Timothée whispers.

"Yeah," I whisper back.

"I'm gonna be a dad!" He shouts, a smile appearing on his face. "And you're gonna be a mom! We're gonna be parents! Together!"

I smile too, giggling at his reaction. Relief washes over me. I know it's not my fault that I'm pregnant, but I still would've felt terrible if he was happy about it.

"When did you find out? How far along are you?" Timothée asks as he holds me tight, kissing me all over.

"I just took a test before you got here. I have to schedule and appointment with the doctor to see how far along I am."

"Oh my god. I love you so much. This is the best news I've ever heard."

"Even better than getting to be Bob Dylan?" I ask jokingly.

"So much better."

Timothée then leans down so his mouth is level with my stomach.

"Hey little baby. It's me, your daddy. I just found out you're in there and I just want to let you know how much Mommy and I love you already. I can't wait to meet you in real life," Timothée says, and then he kisses my stomach.

When he comes back up, his smile is wider than I've ever seen it.

"We are going to be the best parents in the entire world," Timothée says.

"He'll yeah. I love you,"

"I love you too, Y/N. So much."

****

hi! here's a short 'n sweet imagine for you! i love pregnancy imagines for some reason lol, so this was fun for me to write.

also the whole bob dylan thing is real! i've seen something circulating about how timothee might play him, which is super cool! i hope it's true, bc I love bob dylan and i love timmy and the two together is like perfection. so ya lol. that's all on that hahah.

btw, thank you so much for 10k reads! that's awesome, and so are all of you!!! <3

if you like my imagines, i also have mena massoud imagines and a few tom holland ones if you're interested!

please like, share, and follow for more!

much love, lyra <3