daddy-daughter date

(Timothée's POV)

"Alright, Celeste, buckle up!" I say as I get into the car with my daughter.

"Okay Daddy!" Celeste responds cheerily.

Today I decided to take Celeste out for a little date. I haven't spent much alone time with her in a while, and I want to do a whole bunch of fun things.

I start the car and Celeste's favorite song immediately starts playing on the radio station. She squeals and I look in the rear view mirror to see a huge smile on her face. She starts singing along and dancing in her seat.

Throughout the car ride, I steal quick glances at Celeste, admiring how happy she is. She sings along to every song, which reminds me of Y/N, her mother and my wife. She also sings along to every song and dances in her seat.

As we arrive at the park, Celeste squeals once again. This is one of her favorite places because there is tons of room to run around and explore.

"Come on Daddy, let's go!" Celeste says as I help her out of the car.

"Wanna race to that tree over there?" I ask, pointing off to a huge tree in the distance.

"Yup! Ready, set, go!"

Celeste speeds off ahead of me and I chase behind her, watching her long Y/H/C hair blow behind her. Her arms are outstretched, feeling the wind blowing between her tiny fingers. Once again, I see her and think of Y/N. They have the same hair color, and seeing Celeste run with her arms outstretched reminds me of dates I have had with Y/N, where we felt fewer than we ever had before.

Celeste beats me to the tree and when I arrive, I scoop her up and spin her in circles. She lets out a loud giggle, one that sounds just like her mother's. When I put her down, Celeste falls to the ground and begins rolling in the grass.

"Come on Daddy, roll with me!" Celeste exclaims. So, naturally, I roll in the grass with her. Everyone around us must think we're insane, but I don't care. As long as I'm having fun with one of my favorite girls in the world, I don't care if the whole world stares.

We continue to play for a long time. We pick wildflowers for each other, make fairy potions with dirt and leaves, and play tag and hide and seek.

"I'm hungry," Celeste whines after hours of playing.

"Hmmm. What do you say we get some ice cream?" I ask, watching as her smile gets even wider, illuminating the already bright summer sky. She has the same smile as Y/N. I can't help but smile back.

"Yes yes yes!" Celeste shouts, jumping around a little bit. Then she starts running back to the car and I find myself chasing after her once again.

We get in the car and Celeste begins telling me stories about all the of her friends from school. She rambles on and on excitedly, and I love listening to every word. I love how happy she gets when she talks about the people she loves. She's just like her mother in that way.

"Who's your best friend?" I question, looking back at her in the rear view mirror. She pauses for a moment before finally answering.

"Miles. He's my best friend."

"Why's that?"

"Because he's so funny and he's really cute. We are going to get married, did you know that Daddy?"

"What?! When did you decide this?" I exclaim, suddenly turning on my defensive dad mode.

"Yesterday at school. On Monday I am going to wear my purple sparkly dress and he's going to wear his fancy shirt and we're going to get married on the playground at school."

"Hmm, I don't think I like this plan very much," I say.

"Why? You can come if you want."

"I still don't think I would like this, even if I came."

"Why?"

"Because you're my beautiful baby girl. And I don't want you to grow up so fast. You can't get married yet. That means I'm an old man, and I'm not ready to be old yet."

"Daddy I'm six, I'm not a baby any more."

"You'll always be my baby."

"Ugh. I'm six, I'm already so old. But I guess I'll tell Miles I won't marry him. Besides, I like you more. Maybe I'll marry you."

I chuckle and look back at Celeste, who looks confused.

"What's so funny?"

"Nothing. I'd love to marry you, Celeste. You can still wear your sparkly purple dress."

Celeste begins rambling on about our wedding, and I don't have the heart to make her stop. It's so cute watching her talk about everything. And hey, if it means she won't marry Miles, I'm all here for it. She reminds me of Y/N when we were planning our own wedding.

We finally arrive at the ice cream parlor. I order mint chocolate chip and Celeste orders double chocolate with rainbow sprinkles. When we get our cones, we find a seat at an empty picnic table and sit across from each other.

I watch as Celeste licks her ice cream, getting chocolate and rainbow sprinkles all over her face, hands, and clothes as the ice cream drips from the hot summer sun.

In the car on the way home, Celeste falls asleep. Her head rests against the car door and her cheeks puff up, her small pink lips parted slightly. She looks just like Y/N when she sleeps.

At home, I quietly get out of the car and open Celeste's door, careful not to wake her up. I carry her over my shoulder to her bedroom, hearing her soft snores as I set her in her bed.

"I love you Daddy," Celeste whispers, half asleep, as she snuggles into bed. I lean over and softly kiss her forehead.

"I love you too, baby girl," I whisper back.

I get up and close the door softly before heading to the bedroom, where Y/N is waiting for me.

"Hey!" Y/N says when she sees me, getting up to give me a hug and a kiss. "How was your little date?"

"It was perfect. I could see you in every little thing that Celeste did. I'm so glad she's so much like you."

"Well, she has a lot of your traits in her, too. And she's lucky to have a dad as wonderful as you are."

***

hi! this imagine is pretty different than what i usually do, but i think it's pretty cute! what do you think??

also, do you guys like imagines from timothee's pov or would you rather me do more from your pov?? pls lmk!!

btw, did anyone else get fake married with someone in school. in first grade i "married" this kid named william, and i guess we're still playground-married to this day. happy 12th anniversary willy lmao! i haven't talked to him in like seven years hahaba

anyways, i take requests, so if you have one, just pm me! im going on vacay next week so any requests probably won't be up until sometime after saturday, but i promise they will get done!!

if you enjoyed, please like, share and follow me for more!