Chapter 17: Joe

I was reading in bed late at night when Ben came into our bedroom and sighed when he saw me.

"Can I help you?" I asked him.

"We can't keep doing this," he said. "We've been avoiding each other for almost two months, we need to talk about this."

"I don't know what there is to talk about," I said. "Rory kissed me and I apologized for it! You also know why I was hanging out with her that night, but you still don't seem to want to forgive me."

"I know you went to her appointments with her," Ben said. "But you were with her for hours after that and you weren't answering your phone. Then I go looking for you, and I see you kissing her! How do you think that makes me feel?"

"This is bullshit!" I yelled. "I have never given you a reason not to trust me!"

"Except when you kissed your ex-girlfriend!" He yelled back.

"You're being ridiculous," I yelled. "You don't see me freaking out when you hang out with Winter, or even Lilly, who I know you used to be in love with, and you actually like women!"

"What are you saying?" Ben snapped. "Just because I'm bi I'm more likely to cheat on you?"

"Of course not," I said. "But to be honest, it makes more sense than me doing it. I'm gay! You're fears about me cheating on you with a woman make no sense! It would make more sense to be worried that I'd cheat on you with... I don't know, Freddie!"

"Are you saying you want to sleep with Freddie?" Ben asked, disgusted with me.

"No!" I yelled. "That was my whole point, that makes no sense, but it still makes more sense than me sleeping with Rory."

"No, it doesn't!" He snapped. "You've never done anything with Freddie, but you've already slept with Rory!" I screamed in frustration and stormed over to the door, grabbing my sweatshirt. "Where are you going?" Ben asked sharply.

"Out," I said.

"It's the middle of the night," he said. "Where are you going to go?"

"Anywhere but here," I said. "Don't follow me!" I walked out the door and down the street. I got pretty far away from the house before Ben tried calling me. I ignored him a few times, but answered the third call.

"Leave me alone, Ben," I answered.

"Joe, come home," he said. "It's not safe to be out alone this late."

"I need to blow off some steam," I said. "I'll be back later." I hung up before he could say anything else.

A walked for a few more blocks and started to feel like I was being followed. I figured I was just being paranoid, but it was late, so I decided to turn back and go home. By now, Ben should be too tired to argue anyway. I was walking back towards home when I felt somebody grab me. I tried to scream and fight them off, but I felt another pair of hands on me and a third covering my mouth with duct tape. I was blindfolded and my wrists and ankles were tied together before I was shoved in what I assumed was the trunk of a car. I was in there for what felt like forever when the car finally stopped. The trunk opened and I was picked up again. I heard a door shut, leading me to believe I was inside a building, but I still couldn't see. I was eventually thrown onto a soft surface. It felt like a bed. I was untied and the blindfold and duct tape were taken off. When I opened my eyes, I saw my worst nightmare. Nick and his entourage, Greg, Andy and Ricky. They were back.

"What the fuck do you assholes what?" I snapped. I tried to sound confident and angry, but I was terrified and my voice was shaky. These guys kidnapped me, I wasn't sure I wanted to know what else they had planned.

"I would watch that tone if I were you, Joseph," Nick said. "You don't want to make this any harder."

"Tell me why you brought me here," I demanded.

"It's very simple Joe," Nick started. "Ever since you and your friends shut down our fraternity and got us arrested, we've been pretty angry. So we decided you all deserved to punished for it, individually. We want revenge, and you were the first one we found."

"You want revenge?" I snapped. "You started this feud! You invited us to a party just to make fun of us, then you gave Freddie a concussion and a broken arm and left him unconscious in the snow, and later the four of you ganged up on Roger and one of you stabbed him! You've caused us enough harm!"

"We disagree," Nick said. "You broke up our brotherhood. You all deserve to pay."

"What are you going to do to me?" I asked, my voice getting shakier.

"I heard you're a fag too now," Nick said. "I guess Fred must have rubbed off on you."

"It's not contagious you ignorant ass," I said. "But yeah, I'm gay! What do you care?"

"Oh I don't," he said. "Although it might be good news for you. You might not mind what we have in store for you, Mazzello."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked him. I had a pretty good idea about what was going to happen, but I didn't want to believe it.

"Oh don't worry, Joe," Nick said in a sinister tone. "We won't make you do anything you haven't done before." Before I could protest, Greg and Andy shoved me on the bed on my stomach and held me down while Ricky held my head down. Nick pulled my pants and boxers down and quickly threw them to the side. I tried to fight, but it was four against one and I couldn't escape. I became more frightened as I heard Nick's pants hit the ground.

"Please," I begged, tears forming in my eyes despite my attempts to hold them back. "Just let me go."

"I don't know what you're so worried about," Nick said. "Ben's your boyfriend now right? I know you've done this with him. Haven't you?" I stayed silent, which was not what they wanted from me. Ricky suddenly pulled my head up and slapped me across the face.

"Answer him!" He snapped.

"Yes!" I cried. "I've had sex with Ben before, but it was by choice! I don't want to do this!"

"Tell me something, Joey," Nick said, completely ignoring my cries. "When Ben fucks you, how is it?" I just sobbed into the pillow as he spoke. I was so disgusted and embarrassed by his questions, and I was so scared by even the idea of what he was about to do. "I'll bet he's so sweet and gentle with you. He probably uses tons of lube and goes very slowly while giving you little kisses and whispering sweet things in your ear." He leaned over to my ear and whispered, "Does that sound right to you?" I nodded as I cried into the pillow.

"Well don't expect that from me," he said. "You see Joe there's one major difference between Ben and I. He cares about you, and I don't." He suddenly forced himself into me roughly with no warning... and no lube. I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say it was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life. He kept thrusting into me roughly without slowing down. I tried to scream and struggle, but Nick wrapped his hand around my throat and squeezed hard enough to silence me. After a few more excruciating minutes, he finally finished and put my clothes back on me. His goons dragged me outside and threw me on the sidewalk. I landed on my back which only added to the pain.

"Don't think this is over, Mazzello," Nick yelled as they walked away. "I'm coming back for all of your little friends. You haven't seen the last of us." They got back in their car and drove away. I tried to get up, but I couldn't move. It hurt too much. I needed help, so I swallowed my pride and called Ben.

"Joe!" He said in an angry tone when he answered. "It's three in the morning, where the bloody hell are you?"

"Ben," I said with my voice barely above a whisper. I was in so much pain I could barely speak. "Help," I said. "Please."

"Where are you?" Ben asked in a much softer tone.

"I don't know," I said. "They took me here, Ben, I don't know where I am, please come find me."

"I'm coming, baby," he said. "I'll just track your phone. Just stay where you are, I'll come find you."