Chapter 20

Lady K

Lady K

"Take this upstairs please."

Natalie returned the maid's smile. God, she was so beautiful. You just couldn't help but smile a whole lot when you saw her, and when she smiled at you, it was divine. The maids loved her so much. It was no wonder why they always found reasons to smile when they were around her. Her personality was gold and her heart was precious. She had to be the nicest mistress they had ever met. Trust me, she was.

Natalie was always known for being so soft hearted. It was no wonder why her father chose her, and involved her in his plans for an arranged marriage to save himself out of all her seven sisters. She understood everything and more so, she loved her father. She was really beautiful, too beautiful to even explain.

Natalie walked towards the glass that led her to the swimming pool area outside, just by one of the corners of the big house, keeping the smile on her face really steady as she approached the first table beside the pool. The table where Susan sat with her eyes in her magazine, and a maid standing beside her.
"Susan," Natalie called her name as she pulled out a chair across her to make herself comfortable. Susan lowered the paper from her face. A smirk appearing on her face. "You wanted to talk?"

That was what the text Susan had sent to her earlier was all about anyway.

"Yes, I did." She folded her paper. "I just missed talking to you. We've not talked over tea in a while now." She sat straight, her eyes focused on the maid's hands in front of her as she served her tea. "You know, you, Kodi and I, we are the only women in this house. We need to have some women time once in a while to talk about the men." She chuckled and then turned to the maid. "That's enough." She gestured her to stop filling her cup with tea. She raised her head to Natalie. "Unfortunately, Kodi isn't interested in any of my boring conversations, she's always out with her friends. You're the only one that has my time apparently."

How could she just come to the conclusion that Natalie didn't have anything else to do? Anywhere else to be? But of course, Natalie wasn't going to be the one to tell her, or say no to her request.

"Tea?" She raised her head to the maid that had asked her. Natalie was going to say something when-

"Not this one." Susan told the maid, cutting Natalie off. "Serve her the tea I got her from Singapore, the herbal one." She turned to Natalie. "You love it don't you? You said you liked it."

"Oh yes," Natalie shifted nervously on her seat. "It's really good. I've only been drinking it for two months, and I feel really energized. It makes me sleep better too." She told her. "I've been taking it a lot lately, since I've been finding it really hard to sleep, I'm almost out." She chuckled faintly.

"I'd get you a new pack," Susan reached for her tea cup as the maid poured Natalie a cup of tea from a different jug.

"Thank you." Natalie whispered to her after she was done. The maid bowed and then walked away.