Chapter 105

Lady K

Lilian took a deep breath as she looked at her reflection in the huge dressing mirror in her room. Images of what happened hours ago playing shortly in her head as she cleaned off her smudged make up. Her hair was still in a mares from the fight with Amanda. She was still having a though time believing everything. She shifted uncomfortably the moment the heard the creaking sound of the door right before it opened and Peter walked in. She rolled her eyes. A conversation with Peter was the last thing she needed at that moment. It was back to cleaning her make up.

The silence in the room was deafening as Peter went about his business after he took a quick glance at her. They were still not talking to each other so he was really going to hold back the question that bothered him; what happened to you?

He let out a tiny breath as he moved to his bed and sat in it, taking off his shoes one by one while Lilian watched him from the mirror, looking away everytime their eyes met. She had one question she was really dying to ask him too and she was bad at holding how she felt in. She had done that for too long but that minute, she had her emotions getting the best of her. She was tired of being the quiet one, tired of not letting him know where it hurt her. She dropped her stained baby wipe on the table and then slowly turned to Peter who had noticed how she was looking at him with a scowl on her face.

"Did you know?" She asked him.

Peter exhaled. Like he was supposed to read her mind or something? He went back to taking off his shoe. She knew she had to explain better if she was trying to get a conversation out of him.

"Did you know Rachel, bullied Kora in school? Embarrassed her in front of all her classmates?"

Peter let out a breath he didn't know he was holding, his attention now focused on his other shoe. Was he ignoring her? Was he really not going to say anything?

Lilian gave him a few more seconds.

"Peter are you not going to say anything?" She was getting really frustrated. "I just told you that your daughter bullied my daughter, embarrassed her in front of everyone a few times in school and you're just not going to say anything?"

"What do you want me to say Lilian?" He was too busy taking his time in whatever he was doing so he didn't have to look at her.

"What do you mean what I want you to say? Say something. You can't just shove it under the carpet this time Peter, Racheal is doing too much and has hurt Kora so much. It's time you put an end to it."

"Put an end to what?" He asked her. "They are just kids, doing what kids do. We really don't have to interfere in everything they do. Plus Racheal is not the kind to bully anyone. You don't really identify small fights and arguments with bullying."

"What?" Lilian scoffed. "Are you trying to say I'm lying? Or that Kora was lying?"

Peter rolled his eyes as he sat straight. What was this? Was she trying to pick a fight again? The last thing he needed was to get into another fight when they weren't done making up for the first one.

"It doesn't matter. We really don't have to make this a big deal or blow it out of proportion." He told her. "You know Racheal has huge anger issues and when she's hurt about something, she lets it get into her head and does irrational things-"

"Now you're just going to cook up excuses for her?"

"I'm not cooking up excuses for anybody-"

"Peter, nothing Racheal does is normal. It's not normal to hurt people. What Racheal needs is help. She needs to see a doctor."