Chapter 83

Lady K

Lady K

"Mtchew"

You could hear his hiss even if you stood at the other end of the big hospital room. The VIP room at the hospital was loaded and had the most comfortable bed ever but still, Jeremiah was really good at showing his discomfort. He hated hospitals and he hated the fact that he couldn't leave the most. It had barely been twenty four hours since he opened his eyes but he was already acting like he hadn't just left the operating room. He had woken up really early to stare at his phone all day and plan on how to quicken his discharge. He couldn't wait to be out of that place, to be back to his life.

Knowing about the updates on Kora's arrest was the first thing that came to his mind when he woke up. Kingsley made sure he got all the information he needed and it gladdened his heart to know Kora was released from the NDLEA. Now he just wanted to see her but he wasn't allowed to leave yet. His father had made sure there were security guards surrounding the hospital. He could already see some of their shadows whenever someone opened the door or got out so escaping wasn't really in his favor. Kora wasn't the only thing on his mind. His mother was too.

He was really worried about her. He might have managed to lie to everyone about how he got the wound but he was almost sure they were able to guess who had stitched him up. He was going insane sitting in that bed, in that horrible hospital bed and just staring into his phone hoping one of them at least called him even though he knew it was close to impossible. He exhaled and dropped his phone slowly, turning his gaze to the far end of the room where Emmanuel was sitting with his legs crossed and his eyes glued into his papers. Of course his father was going to leave Emmanuel in charge of baby sitting him. He always did.

"Anyone that sees you staring at me the way you are is going to get the wrong idea." He said, his eyes still focused in the paper. That was the thing with Manny. He wasn't called the four eyes ripper for nothing. All the bodyguards owned by Benoil were properly trained for stuffs like that.

Jeremiah exhaled.

"Are you going to sit here babysitting me all day?" He had to ask. "Don't you have anything else you'd like to do?"

Manny raised his gaze from his papers slowly. He shook his head.

"Not really." He told him. "I'm free till twelve."

The door opened slowly and it caused both of them to give it their attention just as Natalie walked in slowly, leaving the door open behind her. She had a huge smile on her face, a bright smile. Jeremiah looked at her for a long second.

"Jerry," she started. "There's someone here to see you."

To see him? Jeremiah blinked twice. He didn't understand why Natalie would have to announce anyone's visit to him. He hoped she explained better but instead she just stood out of the way, away from the door so Obianuju could walk in with the basket in her hands. Jeremiah's frown got worse. More like surprise.