Chapter 64

Kora

Kora

Soc one oh one, also known as Sociology 101 was one class Grace and I didn't have together, and yet another class we just had to share with the seniors, because somehow, some of our topics were added to their curriculum, and their lecturer wasn't just available to see them through it, and then, there were the rest of the other people I really didn't want to share a classroom with. Old money. I couldn't help but wonder why we had to share classes with them, for the rest of the week. I could hear them chattering on their holy ground from where I sat, close to the trash can.

The past few days had been a hustle for me. After what happened at the last class, I finally decided to just do what everyone wanted. I decided to embrace the role they gave me, spot, name and all. My private and personal space by the trash can, and there was nothing bad about it at all. Of course some of them kept looking at me and showing their disgust, and laughing at me here and there, some even threw things at me, but it wasn't something I couldn't over look. It wasn't something my earplugs and playlist couldn't fix. I was just going to do what they wanted, and then endure through it.

I had gone that far after all. There was no use fighting them, or trying to get on all their bad sides more than I already did. I had my eyes fixated on my drawing book. I loved to draw while listening to music. Most times, I didn't even have an idea what I was doing, until I was done, and then I found out I had actually created something that made absolute sense.

I saw a table get placed right beside mine, and it made me pause for a moment. Something wasn't right. Why was someone trying to sit right beside me, close to the trash can? I raised my head quickly, just as the chair came next. I swallowed hard, my eyes fixed on the next thing that appeared before me.
His perfume crippled my senses, and his smile, I had never seen him smile so brightly before. I didn't even know he had such beautiful and deep dimples, and his teeth, his dentition was perfect. His teeth shone brightly, even as it clenched on the lollipop stick in his mouth. I watched him open his textbook quickly.

"Close your mouth, or a fly is going to get in."

"Oh my God. Oh my God." Everyone turned to us quickly.

"It's Jeremiah- oh my God."

"What's he doing over there?"

"Is he crazy?"

Everyone always knew when to give their two cents.

I blinked twice. I was still so shocked. I had never in my entire life, ever imagined this part of my life. I wanted to pinch myself. I needed to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it looked very real. It was real. It wasn't a dream. Jeremiah was sitting right beside me. He raised his head slowly, and then turned to my desk.