Chapter 60

Jeremiah

Jeremiah

"Jeremy!"

I kept walking. I didn't stop for a second, not even with Kingsley right behind me, calling my name, trying to get my attention, trying to get me to stop.

"J!"

I was going to stop at the glass balcony anyway, so if he really wanted to talk, he had to catch up on his own. I took a deep breath, coming to a stop in front of the huge glass at the end of the hall, that allowed you to see outside from up there. I exhaled, placing my hands on my hips, as everything that had happened began to play in my head. I was having an anxiety attack, coupled with a lot of stress. Why did I feel so angry? Why did I act the way I did back there?

"Jerry!"

I turned to Kingsley the moment he called my name again. He was really close to me this time, really really close. He came to a stop in front of me, and looked at me for quite some time.

"Jesus Christ, what is wrong with you?" He asked me the moment he noticed I was trying to rub my forehead. "What was that back there?"

I honestly wished I knew. I drew a deep breath, and then turned back to the glass. Pretending to be too concentrated on what was going on outside. I hoped he could see and understand that I wasn't sure why I got so angry, and more so, that I wasn't going to talk about it, because I didn't want to. I turned to him quickly.

"I need air." I told him after I drew one last breath. He squinted his eyes, he was probably wondering what I meant.

"Huh?"

"We don't have any more classes today, do we?" I didn't even wait for him to reply to that. I gave him a quick tap on his shoulder. "See you around."

I turned around quickly, and hurried out.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ─────

Kora

I drew a deep breath.

I had locked myself up all day in the closest storage room I could find to the music hall for hours, since after I had walked out from everyone in the hall, crying my eyes out and reminding myself of how much I hated my life. Of how much of my past I hated. I was so angry with everyone, hurt, embarrassed, and disappointed. There were a lot of emotions welling up within me, some, I hadn't even defined yet. All I knew was, I had to stay in a place where no one was ever going to find me. I was too ashamed of myself to try and show my face to anyone, too ashamed to even walk to my room.