🧵 Twenty: Shatter Every Lie Till It's All Blown Away

I know you said things are okay with your parents, but I think you're hiding something. You know I'm a locked vault. Whatever you say stays with me. Or if it's too hard saying it out loud, write it in here. That's what this notebook is for. I know it can be difficult but take it from me, keeping everything bottled up only leads to pressure building, and then an explosion of epic proportions. It's okay to let people see how you feel, Freddy. -Georgie aka Alexx

Alex stared up, her thoughts as jumbled as the clouds overhead

Alex stared up, her thoughts as jumbled as the clouds overhead. She'd managed to survive Alexx's inquisition, but that didn't mean she felt good about it. In fact, there was a lot she didn't feel good about, but what could she do? Telling the truth would only create more problems.

She jerked as a stack of books hit the lunch table. Looking up, she met Ravi's chocolate eyes that were brimming with amusement. "Soooo partner," he drawled, taking his time as he sat down. "When are we starting our project?"

"Start?" she snorted. "I haven't even finished the book yet."

He hitched up the sleeves of his green army jacket and leaned forward, resting his forearms on the books. "You've had a whole week."

"Exactly. One week, Ravi. I'm not even halfway done." What was he? Some kind of reading wizard?

He looked at her blankly. "It's not a hard book."

Wow. "Take it down a notch there, Mr. Condescending. Your ass is showing."

Ravi's lips quirked even as his brows drew together. "I was sure I put this thing called pants on this morning." He lifted his ass and looked. "Oh, phew. Got it covered."

She rolled her eyes despite wanting to laugh. "Come back in a month. I'll have it read by then."

"Our project is due in a month."

She flashed him a sweet smile. "Exactly." She might fail the assignment, but she'd win a gold medal for procrastination. "Speaking of reading, have you finished the book yet?" When she first challenged Ravi to read one of her favorite books, she was positive he'd brush her off, but then he shocked her and took her up on it.

"Yup." Ravi pulled out a book from the stack. Neon tabs stuck out from the pages, fluttering as a gust of wind rolled by. "Read back to cover."

"Already?" Her heart pounded as she leaned forward. "And?"

He hesitated, and her heart dropped. She was sure he'd get a kick out of it, but then she caught the twinkle in his eye. "I knew it!" She bounced in her seat, her hands slapping the table. "I knew you'd like it. Didn't I tell you it was beyond anything you've ever read?"

"Okay, hold off on the celebratory dance. It was good but not the be all end all." His head moved side to side as his gaze went to the sky, reflecting on the book. "It was entertaining. Lots of action, which I wasn't expecting."