🧵Twenty-Five: We Are Never, Ever, Ever Getting Friendship Together

Have you ever noticed that Bri parrots whatever Sloane does? It's like she doesn't have a mind of her own. For once, I wish she would take stand and do or say something that completely contradicts Sloane, but you and I know that's never going to happen. *Sigh*

In other news, Hugo has been a bear to be around. I think it's because he overheard my dad and I talking about Mom. He was telling me the story of how they met. My dad was an intern at a law practice. He was getting coffee for the office when he caught sight of a girl wearing a long flowing skirt and twirling in the middle of the parking lot. He was immediately taken and went over to say hi. When he looked in the eyes, he knew she was the one for him.

Hugo scoffs at the story, but I think it's romantic. I know my mom isn't the best person, but to have someone love you that much? It's a fairytale come to life. I want that. I want someone to look at me and know. Just like I'm going to look at someone and know. But unlike my parents, we're going to be together forever. -Georgie aka Alexx

Once, Alex watched a show where a girl got in a car accident and talked about the moments right before the crash

Once, Alex watched a show where a girl got in a car accident and talked about the moments right before the crash. She described it as watching a highlight reel of her life. Alex discounted it as an over-exaggeration, but now, in the moments after finding her best friend in the doorway with horror stamped on her face, Alex was a believer. She saw the highlight reel of their friendship—the silly giggling fits, the notebooks, and the pajama dance parties. So many good times.

Alex felt sick.

Nauseous.

Like a sizzling fire poker stabbing her over and over again.

"Georgie..." Alex whispered. She wanted to explain, but what could she say? Oh, sorry, I know you like this dude, but I had feelings for him first even though I was with your brother, so dibs. Yeah, that would go over real well.

"Don't call me that," Alexx croaked as pain flashed in her blue eyes. "Sloane said something was between you two, but I didn't believe her. I called her a liar and said she was jealous...b-but she was right, wasn't she?"

Alex felt lower than dirt when Alexx's upper lip started to tremble. Man, she was a horrible person. As soon as Alexx told her she had feelings for Ravi, she should have fessed up, or at the very least, stayed away from him. That's what a good friend would have done. But she wasn't a good friend, and now, she wouldn't be a friend at all.

Alexx glanced behind Alex's shoulder to where a hunched over Ravi stood. "I guess that was all fiction about your aunt not wanting you to date. The truth is—" Her lashes fell as her voice broke. She put a fist to her mouth and a hand on her stomach like she was breaking into a million pieces, and this was the only gesture to keep her together. Regaining her composure, Alexx swallowed several times, the noise audible in the deathly quiet room. "T-The truth is you don't w-want to date me."

Ravi's eyes darted between both girls. He silently pleaded for Alex to say something, but she couldn't. She was still in shock, and the only thing running through her mind was how could she have let this happen. When it was apparent he wasn't going to get any help from Alex, he cleared his throat and shifted from foot to foot. "Um, no she actually doesn't want me to date. That was the truth." If he thought his answer would smooth over the situation, he was wrong.