35

Chanyeol's pov.

"What happened?" Baekbeom asks when he finally arrived.

"I- He.." I sob.

I watch the firefighters fighting the fire in my restaurant. Fighting the fire on my fiancé.

"Where's my brother?" Baekbeom asks.

I turn around to hug him. "He tried to save me" I sob. "I'm so sorry".

Baekbeom lets me go and stares at the building.

From behind Baekbeom I see the others running to us.

"What happened?!" Sehun pants.

"B-Baekhyun.. h-he's inside" I sob.

"What? no!" Kris runs towards the restaurant that's still on fire.

"Kris no! Don't go inside! I follow him and pull him away. "No. I can't lose you too" I hug him and continue to cry.

After 10 minutes the fire is finally down. M-My fiancé" I mutter. I tap the fire fighter's shoulder who went inside to find Baekhyun.

"I'm so sorry.. I couldn't save him. The only thing I could see was a body that was on fire. I'm so sorry he couldn't make it" the man hugs me. "C-Can I go inside?" I ask.

"You should ask the police if you can go with them to see your fiancé"

I nod and walk to the officer. "Sir.. m-my fiancé... he's inside"

"You're the owner of Loey's?" The guy asks.

I nod. "M-My fiancé" I sob.

The officer grabs my hand and leads me inside the burned building. I look at all the burned furniture. This is so fucked up.

"Stop" the officer pulls me out of the shop as a part of the ceiling falls down. "I think it's better to stay outside"

"No.. I want to see my fiancé! Baeeek!" I whine when I'm being pulled away from the building.

Today I'm wearing all black. All black with the silver accessoires Baekhyun loved. I dyed my hair to the color Baekhyun loved. Today will be the last time I'll see him.

Today is the worst day of my life.

I didn't do anything for the past few days. It has been a hell.

Right now I'm in the church, sitting next to Baekbeom and my mother. I'm crying my heart out on Baekbeom's shoulder. The priest just gave the most beautiful speech. I watch Baekbeom standing up to give his speech.

"First and foremost, I would like to thank each and every one of you for your support and prayers for my family over the past very difficult week. It means a lot to me and his fiancé's family to know how much my brother has "touched" so many lives.

To sum up what Baekhyun meant to me in a few short paragraphs is impossible. I am not even used to him being gone yet. I have been so overwhelmed with emotions.

Anyone who knew Baekhyun knew how much he loved his close ones. He worked hard to provide for them. He was such a selfless person. He was a beautiful person inside and out. I am so incredibly grateful and blessed to have shared this precious life on earth with him.

Baekhyun was taken way too soon; however, I know he was greeted in Heaven by both my grandma and grandpa. 'Life' is a gift from God. I was extremely blessed to have him as my "baby brother" for 25 precious years. Although, he had a short life, it was so very full and filled with "love and laughter" with so many Amazing moments, as well as some sadness.

Baekhyun was loved by many persons. He was such a warm person. He had such a good spirit and a huge heart! his presence was always known. He was such an easy person to get along with. My brother had so many amazing qualities which is what I will miss most! He fancied a very simple lifestyle. It did not take much to make him happy.

He had a passion for music and would seek new inspiration every day. He would send me video's of him playing his piano or him singing a new song he wrote. The other day Chanyeol even showed me a whole album of songs Baekhyun wrote and recorded that Baekhyun kept stored in their room. He would always be ready to create a song for every single moment. That was my brother!

When we were younger,Baekhyun was the sibling that was always was shy and he never complained. When we were teens, he used to always escort me to the shopping mall when I needed someone to accompany me. I, and no one else in his close circle knew that he was being bullied at that moment. I found out he was depressed, and thanks to Chanyeol and all of our other friends, he managed to become the most beautiful person on earth.

Chanyeol, I want to take this opportunity to thank you for loving my brother unconditionally and for being such a special part of his life. Thank you Tao, Kris, Luhan, Sehun, Kai, Kyungsoo, Junmyeon, Yixing, Jongdae and Minseok, Chanyeol's family, his colleagues for being with me and Chanyeol by his side, for sharing "love and light" and make him the most amazing person we've ever known.

I miss him so! It's so painful to be on this journey of losing my brother. I wish he was still here! We went out to lunch the other day, and Baekhyun was missing. I am reminded everywhere that he is missing and no longer here. I can never pick up the phone to call him again and hear his beautiful voice, or tell him "I love you" again

I want to thank everyone who's here with us today, for paying your respects to our beloved Baekhyun. We all know, this shouldn't be the way for him to end.

Thank you, Baekhyun, for giving us lots of hope and love. May you go in peace and be with our Lord and with Grandma and grandpa. Heaven now has a new Angel to look after us. You will FOREVER be in my heart and will always be my baby brother. I LOVE YOU!"

Tears are rolling down my cheeks again as I watch Baekbeom walking back to me, tears dropping down on the paper he was reading from. When he sits down on the bench I immediately give him a tight hug.

The priest looks at me, it's my turn to give my speech, but the only thing I can think of is that I'll never be able to see Baekhyun again, so I shake my head at him and dry my tears.

Baekbeom and I stand up and carry the coffin outside. We get followed by Chanyeol's family, So Mi, his colleagues and our friends. They all gather around us as we stop at the place the coffin will be going into the ground.

The priest gives a last and short speech. Our friends immediately walk up to us and hug me and Baekbeom. I cry my heart out on Sehun's shoulder. "Shh. Chanyeol I know he'll be taken care of up there. He'll look after you forever. He'll love you forever Hyung"