Chapter 8 - The Restoration

The feeling of being refreshed felt so new at that moment. The previous few days were hell and nights were sleepless. Maybe because the change in her life was too abrupt and cruel with no support, not even the support of her best friend who turned to be her husband.

Yesterday, when Abhay demanded for second chance she had unwillingly gave in. The uncertainty had still lingered that what if Abhay tried to exercise more of his rights on her but then his transformation back to the Abhay she knew, was a pleasant change and her heart accepted to try to accept his efforts when he was finally trying to consider her comfort.

Besides, the only grudge and the fear she had of him to hurt her family was cleared too. When she called at her home first thing in the office.
It was such a relief and somewhere a confusion too clouded her that why Abhay lied about her parents being still under gunpoint when his men had moved out right after he had married her and brought to his place.

Though higher authorities denied to help her family against Abhay because of Abhay's influence but it was a relief to know that he kept her family safe.

"Where lost, Piya? You are getting late, my love." Abhay said while styling his hair

Piya snapped from her thoughts and stretched her arms, sitting up straight on the bed. A serene smile came on her face looking at Abhay.

"Keep him like this always, God." Piya prayed in heart looking at Abhay with smile. She missed her best friend in these days and now when he had overcome his demons, life seemed so much better. Abhay did mistake of forcing her but then everyone commits mistake in their life.

"Uthy hy to hun, Abhay, kyun chilla rhe ho. (Am awake, Abhay, don't shout)" Piya said sitting on the corner of bed and dangling her legs.

Abhay chuckled at her remarks and turned around to face her. With the morning glow and even more dazzling smile and messed up hair, she took away his breath for a moment. It was a sight he wanted to witness every morning after his wedding and now finally his wish was fulfilling.

Her beauty was turning into his addiction and her sight, his craving. Her smiles being the life of his heaven and her sparkling eyes, his hunger.

Leaning on the table, he gazed her with rainbows dancing in his honey brown eyes and butterflies fluttering in his chest. A grin adorned his face as he admired her with an endearing sigh.

All his life and what he wanted was just her. Piya right in front of him with that smile intact on her face.

Narrowing her eyes in confusion with a smiling pout, Piya tried to understand what Abhay was doing only to blush on the realisation. She stood up immediately.

"Tmhry waja se dair ho rhy hai mjhe (I'm getting late because of you.)" Piya said moving past him to the cupboard. It was so relaxing to tease Abhay once again. It wasn't just the forced marriage which troubled her, she realized at that moment, it was the loss of such a precious relation and his caring nature which was hurting her all time. She didn't realize how important Abhay had become for her in these years, until now.

Abhay wanted to reply so to never stop the conversation with Piya, so to bicker on and talk all the things without meaning, all the nonsenses and all the nothing much.

But knowing well she was getting late, he refrained to cause her more delay than it was already done. He sighed letting thousands of stars shine in his eyes for the girl who was driving him crazy every second and he was loving every bit of losing himself to her.

Rubbing the towel in her wet hair, she watched Abhay through the mirror and didn't miss his unwavering gaze as she busied herself in getting ready. The way his face lit up when she filled her partition was a different kind of sight and she didn't remember seeing him so happy ever before. She stood stunned for a moment gazing his reflection.