Chapter 15 - Broken Family

"How dare you, Abhay Khurana?" Piya voice echoed in the empty corners of study room.

Piya was hurt and pained. She wanted answers but the blank look of Abhay betraying no emotions was painful for her. It made her feel insecure and hurt. She wondered how many more things he was hiding from her.

"What have I done, now?" Abhay asked clenching his teeth so to control the agony.

"How can you fall so low, Abhay? How can you?" Piya said not believing he wasn't admitting his mistake even now. Her heart was already wounded by the news she received and now Abhay's act was hurting her even further. He

"Will you clear the matter?" Abhay said exasperated.

"My father is hospitalised and you hid this from me. How can you do this to me, Abhay? How can you fall so low to hide the suffering of the parents from the daughter. " Piya cried holding him from the collar and jerking him.

It was a sensitive news and Abhay hid it from her. After everything he did to her; marrying her forcefully, destroying her life and their friendship, snatching the right to meet her family and after all this, he decided to hid about her family well-being too.

Her father; she couldn't think in which condition he must be and just to stop her from meeting them, Abhay didn't tell her such big news.

"How will I tell you when I myself don't know?" Abhay said with sincerity clear on his pained face.

But how should she believe him? Didn't he use that face so many times in years that she didn't realise what a monster he really was. He caged Pari for his love, caged her and now lying clearly.

This wasn't love where he was calling doctor for her when he knew she hated doctors and then hiding about her father when he clearly knew she loved her father. He was doing everything against her wish. This couldn't be love.

"Liar. You're damn liar while being good artist. A monster is what should be your name." Piya yelled while crying. Raina had told her that she messaged Piya but those messages were deleted. Who else could delete it except for Abhay who took her iPhone last night.

How could he lie her so clearly? Why he became so heartless? Why damn it, why?

She so wanted to meet her father at this time. To know in which state he was. To relieve her heart by knowing he was fine.

"Piya-" Abhay tried to speak but Piya could see he was going to deny everything after she checked and double checked.

"Stop it, Abhay. Stop lying. After everything, I didn't expect this from you. Raina messaged me but there isn't any message in my phone. You deleted them and you're still lying that you don't know anything. How could you, Abhay?" Piya questioned with disgust raising in her heart.

She saw the shadow crossing his eyes and noticed him stiffening. This made her believe he lied to her and hid about her father deliberately. Her heart broke and she sobbed softly.

"Yeah, I lied, so what?" Abhay asked. "So what if I didn't tell you about his illness?" His voice filled with bitter iciness that hit Piya on her heart and she stared him in disbelief.

Despite everything hearing the truth from his mouth, destroyed her a bit more. They were so happy and good friends but it seemed she didn't know this Abhay anymore. As if all those years were illusions.

"Sb kuch janta tha mai tmhre baap k bare mai lekin nhy btaya tmhe kyunke nhy btana chahta tha aur tmhe is ki prwah bhi nhy hony chahy. Mery ho tum, srf mery. Kuch nhy lgte wo log tmhre. (I knew everything about your father but I didn't tell you because I didn't want to and it shouldn't matter to you anyway. You're mine, only mine. Those people are no one to you.)" Abhay said holding her from shoulder and staring in her eyes directly.