Chapter 26 - For Him

Her gaze was stopped at the filled plate while her family chatter continuously. After days of being locked in her room, she decided not to hurt anyone after realising the damage she did to Abhay. Hence, she joined her family for dinner at last.

They were much happy with her decision but she wasn't. They thought she was forgetting Abhay, after her failed attempts to find him, without realising it was actually guilt and love, changing her perception.

Seeing her family reaction, she finally knew what Abhay must've went through when she misunderstood his intentions and his feelings.

As her family laugh and enjoy, Abhay past and her hateful words, directed to Abhay, were haunting her conscience, taunting her for being so distracted to not understand the person, who loved her deeper than any ocean in the world.

Her heart was yearning to seek forgiveness, but Abhay was nowhere to be found, and it was creating a hole in her heart that couldn't be filled without Abhay.

"Where should I find you? Where are you, Abhay?" Piya thought with teary eyes and she covered them from her family by lowering her head.

Unable to sit there anymore, Piya stood up with her parents who were done with their dinner.

"Piya, you ate nothing," Sunanda pointed.

"Am done," Piya said weakly and made her way out of dining area.

No one stopped her and she was thankful. At least, they were giving her space.

With her head down and her mind lost, she was stepping on the stair when news blared in hall and Abhay name caught her attention.

Jerking to the TV, Piya made a run to hall on seeing the images of Abhay displaying. Snatching the remote from her father, she increased the volume with her trembling fingers.

"Breaking news, the billionaire of India and famous business tycoon, Abhay Khurana, is admitted in City hospital, Mumbai, and is said to be in critical condition. It is said he suffered a huge accident two days ago. But our sources are saying it is more than an accident and details are being covered to hide the truth."

Breathless, Piya dropped the remote and kept a hand over her head as sudden dizziness hit her.

Two days back.

The party.

Abhay.

The accident.

The blue images of him in party mixed with the echoes of news and made it difficult for her to breath.

Stumbling, Piya made a dash for the main door.

"It's just accident our sources confirmed."

The latest news fell in her ears as she ran across the door out of the mansion while her parents' voices fell on deaf ears.

Standing near the car, she ran a desperate hand in her hair while her heart pounded in her chest. Driver wasn't anywhere and she didn't know driving.

But she had to go anyway. She had to be there with Abhay.

Abhay had to be fine.

"Please God, save him," Piya prayed from the depth of her heart.

Running out of the house, she hailed a taxi to reach hospital while continuously praying for the well-being of Abhay.

After paying the driver, Piya sprinted in the hospital and rushed to the receptionist.

"A-Abhay, Abhay Khurana," Piya managed to say in her uneven voice, amid her heavy breathing.