Chapter 12 - Selfish Us

Furious of everything that happened to her, Piya sat in hall. She wanted to burn this place and made Abhay realize the absurdity of his actions.

Wasn't marrying her without her will enough that he took away her right of freedom too?

He was just a friend of her. Just a friend. But he took the role of God and Fate in her life. Twisting everything the way he wants, labelling it with his so called love, he had took away everything she held dear. Her dreams and her parents. Her love and her rights.

What type of love take away the happiness? If he truly loved her, he would've care for her feelings and thought about her desires.

It wasn't his love but his desire to control everything. His wish to be on top of everything and everyone.

Just as Raina had warned her, he was a monster with a decoy of love and respect.

She should've listened to Raina and left Abhay earlier. It wasn't easy but she should've tried of getting out of this toxic relation rather than giving him a chance. The years of friendship forced her to respect their relationship and give him a chance.

But he didn't deserve a chance. Because he didn't want chance at first place. All he wanted was authority. Authority to cage everyone he was obsessed of.

Just like he was doing with that innocent soul, Pari.

"Why is Pari aloof from everyone? Why doesn't she come out of room and why didn't I meet her in these years?" Piya questioned the caretaker, Suman.

Abhay was busy playing with Pari in back garden, so she thought to get some answers.

Piya watched as Suman hesitated. Suman looked at Abhay playing with Pari and then turned to her.

"That's because of Abhay orders. He is really possessive of Pari and...." Suman said and was trying to tell more when Abhay came there and she lapsed into silence.

"That's what he does," Piya muttered through clenched teeth "caging everyone he is obsessed of. Just to keep them with him without understanding their feelings."

I understand, because you are my only family, but you will never understand the maddening loneliness, because you have everyone around you to fill that empty space.

His words came back crashing on her and she intake a sharp breath. There was strange pain in those words which unnerved her in baffling way. She wanted to forget those words, forget the utter gloom in them and the despair that laced his voice.

Distressed and annoyed of her own thoughts, Piya stood up in frustration. She wanted to escape this place and escape every conflict that was living in her nowadays.

Sleep seemed the only way out of the misery. Albeit temporary but at least she would feel better.

Walking around the unknown house, she searched for bedroom and entered in the first one she found unlocked. Without changing, she laid on the bed, covered with new and clean sheets.

Tears formed in her eyes and she let them fall freely. She was missing her parents. Missing their warmth and their care. Their smiles and affection.

She wanted to hug her father and lay on her mother's lap. She wanted to forget the world. In fact, she wanted to forget who Abhay was and what relation he had with her.

"Am sorry, mumma papa. Am sorry." Piya whispered in a broken voice. Tears soaked her pillow and anguish clutched her heart.

If only she could run away from this prison. But she knew Abhay and she knew his sources. She wasn't fool to not know that Abhay would find her anyway. She didn't know his aggressive side in these years but she always knew what he was capable of.