Chapter 13 - Ignorance Isn't Bliss

"I'm going for an important work. Will be back soon." Abhay informed to Piya while getting ready.

"I didn't ask" Piya said curtly.

Abhay fisted his hand, pleading his heart to not feel anything but his heart was already broken so not feeling pain was like jumping from height and hoping not to die.

Looking away he gulped the icy pain, allowing his demons to protect his vulnerable state.

"You can watch shows or play anything on the laptop. Just be careful. I don't want you to talk with any of those people." Abhay said turning to her with a dark warning smiling in his eyes.

"Those people are my family, Abhay and I have right to contact them." Piya said loudly, seething in anger.

A blaze of hatred hit Abhay. His anger for Khanna family was increasing with every passing fight with his Piya. Gritting his teeth, Abhay held his fury to explode and destroy the already destroyed heaven of his.

Turning to furious Piya, he walked to her and looked directly in her eyes with the darkness of the universe held in his eyes.

"They are no more your family. Am your family, Mrs Khurana and you shouldn't do things that doesn't please me. Hmara rishta har rishte se zyada ehm hai. (our relation is more important than every other relation)" Abhay said, his tone carried the sweetness of love but his words and eyes displayed the show of blazing star falling down.

"I don't consider you my family!!" Piya seethed.

"This, this is exactly why I don't want you to contact them. They feed you such stuff, so its better for our relation that you stay away from them" Abhay said, his words growing colder and his tone heating up. But the passion and love were frozen at their place; rooted in his heart like gravity in earth.

Abhay watched the pain swirling on her face. Her withered face was reflecting his withered and barren world. But even the hell formed was better than the death waiting for him if he left Piya.

He wanted to live and if this was his sin then he was ready to live in hell as his punishment.

Pulling Piya from the waist, Abhay held her in his arms and kissed her forehead and cheeks. This was his only comfort in the fire of hell.

"I'll call you," Abhay said softly and lovingly. "take care of yourself, my love."

Piya didn't snap at him and Abhay was grateful of her silence. The silence was more like a heavy rain, hurting him but protecting him from the burns of the desert sun.

Getting out of the house, Abhay waved at the head of his bodyguard to come. His demeanour shifted into a frozen ice, hiding the cracks and manifesting danger.

"I'm going to Mumbai, so might be late. I want all of you here at this place, keeping an eye on Madam. She shouldn't be allowed to go anywhere, without asking me first. And she should be safe, a scratch on her body and I'll kill all of you." Abhay gave orders, gazing the chief with his sharp eyes as he stood in front of him with attention.

"Am I clear?" Abhay asked, his voice sharper than the knife.

"Yes, sir." Chief said steely.

Abhay nodded with satisfaction. Piya safety was his utmost priority, even if that meant neglecting himself.

"Sir" chief called as Abhay made his way to his car.

Abhay turned to him and gave him an annoyed look. It wasn't his habit to be irked by small things but the knife was already plunged in his heart. Always on the edge, was inevitable.