Chapter 27 - Alive But Dead

Note: This chapter is unedited since I just completed writing it. There can be lot of mistakes. Point them out or ignore them. I'll edit them later.
Didn't want to leave you guys hanging for the update.

***

Looking at him, Siddharth recalled the blood that had covered his face and the dwindling breaths of Abhay he had felt. The infected wounds and the deepest injuries were marking their own story on Abhay. It was the worst of sight and the rest of wait was just agonising torture. His body wasn't responding and the doctors were losing hope.

He actually felt it miracle to see Abhay alive and breathing.

Holding the bowl of bland soup, Siddharth gazed the swirling liquid with a sigh. Turning his gaze back to stoic Abhay, he tried once again to feed him but Abhay sat motionless.

It had been two days to his operation and seven hours since Abhay gained his conscious. But he was speaking nothing and he was eating nothing.

"Look Abhay, you are at no fault, okay? Whatever happened, it was need of time. Stop punishing yourself for everything." Siddharth spoke softly trying to get through the walls Abhay had built around himself.

He had the faint idea of his trauma and he could see the reason behind his behaviour but he wanted his boss and his brother back. He didn't care what happens and in what situation, he was always there with Abhay and he always would be there.

Abhay turned to him with a blank look while Siddharth hoped he would say something. Abhay turned away his head, much to Siddharth disappointment.

Siddharth sat up alert when Abhay stopped and turned his head staring at something. He noticed the surprise coming over his face and narrowed his eyes.

Following his gaze, Siddharth found Piya standing outside the ward and looking at Abhay through the window. He turned back to Abhay and found his gaze locked with Piya.

Siddharth didn't disturb their moment and observed the various emotions playing on Abhay face before Abhay turned to him with a questioning glance.

Siddharth sighed.

"She is there since you are admitted in the hospital. Won't leave the hospital until she is forced to leave at nights. But always come back early morning," Siddharth told.

It was even hard to make her leave at night but rules were rules and she had to follow them in the end.

"Tell her I have freed her. She shouldn't feel sorry or guilty whatever. She is free from this toxic relation," Abhay spoke for the first time in seven hours. He wasn't looking at anyone.

Siddharth nodded and placed the soup on table. Giving a final glance to Abhay who had lapsed into silence again, Siddharth walked out of the ward.

Piya looked at him with questions in her eyes. He studied her disheveled state. Her face was paler than the first time she came in hospital and her hair was same unkempt with bags of dark circle under her eyes. She had even lost weight and looked as sick as Abhay.

"He has freed you without any grudges," Siddharth conveyed the message in one sentence and saw her face withering in second.

"B-but..." Piya stopped her objection as if remembering something.

"How is he?" She asked.

"Do you really care?" Siddharth asked, he wasn't being sarcastic. He wanted her honest answer.

"Will you trust me?" Piya asked looking at him with an emotion that he had seen in Abhay eyes. Blank.

"Maybe no," Siddharth answered honestly even when he knew she didn't need his answer.