Chapter 10 - Start of Change

Twisting and twirling the pen in his hand, his mind flashed the images of Piya with Mishra, and his heart never found peace. The smiles and handshakes were like a poisonous acid to his heart, burning and killing his already broken heart into a molten death.

He didn't like it. Not even a bit. Mishra shouldn't have done it. Not with his love, his wife. It was so disgusting and abhorring.

No one could be so cordial to their new employee. Agreed that Piya was too good and friendly that didn't mean her employer would try to persuade it to another level. It was so disgusting and no way he would tolerate this act of Mishra with his wife.

His eyes moved to Piya as she stepped out of the washroom, towelling her wet hair and looking breathtaking in blue jeans and white shirt.

Mishra is in for a chat with him, Abhay decided keeping his eyes locked at the most beautiful universe of him.

"Piya" Abhay began, sitting upright and gaining her attention "you should take a leave tomorrow." He said cautiously, startling Piya with his proposition.

"What?" Piya shrieked unable to believe her ears. Was it already happening? Her heart started to sink and fear clutched her.

"But why?" She asked question, the answer of which she dreaded.

"We'll be going out tonight and I think you'll need sleep in the morning for that." Abhay said sounding so sure of his plan that it boggled Piya with its absurdity.

"Abhay, how can I take leave? So suddenly and right after joining for mere weeks, that too without sound reason" Piya tried to reason with him, she dreaded there was hidden reality behind this sudden wish of Abhay and maybe she wasn't wrong either.

"My love" Abhay sighed and stood up, taking her hand in his, he looked directly in her hazel eyes "you are my wife, my Piya, no one can deny or object you. We'll be going out tonight and I don't want that you tired yourself by sleeping late and waking up early." The love and intensity in his husky voice sent shivers down her spine with the possessiveness surrounding it.

There was too much deepness in his eyes that she felt like she would drown in them and would never find her way out.

"I'll manage, Abhay" Piya tried to assure him not wanting to take special treatment of leave just because she was his wife. If it was a month back then she would've rejected outright but the reasonable fear that had settled in her heart wouldn't let her deny him now.

Abhay shook his head and leaving her hands, trailed his fingers over her face. There was something in his eyes tonight, something that terrified Piya. Her breath hitched at their proximity after so long.

"Look, my love, when I'm here you shouldn't be worrying about everything and everyone so much. I'll take care of Mishra. My assistant gives a call and everything will settle." Abhay said ever so lovingly but a threat laid under his words that Piya tried to grasp.

Piya opened and closed her mouth, unsure of what to say and what not. She wouldn't like to antagonize him but she couldn't accept his offer either.

"Besides, you can't meet your sister if you'll go to office. So a day rest and day with sister, isn't bad combo." Abhay said with a shrug, coming up with a new tactic. Passing a smile, he turned around and walked back to bed.

She could always meet her sister on Sunday, but knowing Abhay's unpredictable behaviour she didn't want to risk meeting her one family after so long. This thought put her in silence of dilemma.

"Ten minutes is all you have and then we are leaving for outing." Abhay said ordering her indirectly, as he sat back on bed and gazed her with love while his sharp mind working much more cleverly.