Chapter 25 - Bitter Realities

She was back in Mumbai, back in her mansion and back in her room. But not back in her life. Not back to happiness. Misery wasn't ready to let her go and fear was even more stubborn.

Standing near her bed, she could see Abhay back in the past proposing her in very room while with cruelty she had looked away from him. Didn't even care to think about his feelings. Didn't even care to think he might want explanation. Didn't even think about his wellbeing when he disappeared from his life.

And now, Abhay had turned his back to her too. For the first time, didn't care for her feelings. Didn't give her the explanation she so much wanted. Didn't tell her about his wellbeing when she was dying to know about him.

Piya laughed bitterly. So well fate played with her. In this very room, she had thought she knew Abhay well and rejected him in a cold silence, but now here she stood realising she knew nothing about Abhay after receiving cold silence from him.

That day she rejected him and tonight she was rejected by him and fate.

Falling on her knees, Piya sobbed leaning on the bed. She was ready for every punishment because she had realized her mistake. But she wanted him to be safe and fine.

"Please don't punish him for my mistake, God. Please let him be fine," Piya prayed in between her sobs. She was regretting everything she did with Abhay. Every hateful word she spat and every time she rejected his love.

"Where are you, Abhay? Where are you?" She cried trying to remember any place he could be. Their beautiful moments in Orphanage and their beautiful time on the roads of Mumbai flashed in her mind as she cried over her fate.

Orphanage.

Jolted by the thought, Piya sat up straight. It was the place, they first met and the place they met every day. The place that was his home once and the place where Pari was now.

"Yes, he can be there. He must be there. He must be," Piya decided with a newfound hope and stood up immediately.

Stumbling, she ran out of her room and down in the hall, without caring to clear her face, soaked in tears.

Without listening to anyone, she was running to main door when she was held back by someone.

She turned around to see Raina holding her from shoulder. Her gaze went back to main door.

"Where are you going so late, di?" Raina asked, disbelief clear in her voice.

"O-orphanage..." Piya replied trying to steady her uneven breathing.

"He must be there," Piya added more to herself than to Raina. She was lost and she was mad in love, she wanted him back in her life.

"Ah," Raina hesitated. "You should surely go."

"But di, its late right now. Everyone must be sleeping. Go in morning," Raina said clearly trying to stop her.

"But-" Piya trailed off realising how right Raina was.

"Its late, di. Very late," Raina insisted cautiously.

Piya gulped understanding the gravity of situation. It was midnight. She shouldn't be barging at place like Orphanage so late. There were kids and it wasn't ideal time.

Reluctantly, she retraced her steps, back to room, upset by the delay. Suddenly, she had the idea what Abhay must've went through on the idea of losing her. She still didn't understand the reason for his extreme steps but that must be love.

The night wasn't great again but Piya didn't even try to sleep that night. The questions were too many to let her think about sleep.

Another day dawned and Piya started her search for Abhay with a new destination. This time, she went without any restrictions from her family.