Chapter 21 - The Last Giveaway

It was the creak of door first, and then came sound of shuffling of footsteps. Disturbed by the sudden stimuli, Piya opened her swollen eyes in haze. Sitting up straight, she felt a jolt of pain in her back and neck. Crying her heart out at the cruelness of fate, Piya had slept on the sofa in hall.

Through her hazy gaze, she looked at the person responsible for her every misery.

In the natural light of the sun in hall, he didn't look fine either. His hair tousled back and scattered over his forehead. His condition disheveled, coat shouldered and his tie standing loose.

But what else could someone expect when coming after spending a night out of own house.

Standing up on her feet, Piya walked towards him. She stared him, hoping to see anything close to remorse or guilt. But all she could see was a stone face void of every kind of emotion.

"Done with your precious important work?" Piya asked in shaky voice, pain cried in her eyes as she looked at him for explanation. She spent the night crying over his betrayal while worry for him nagged her but he didn't care to inform his whereabouts.

"Huh?" Abhay looked at her startled, as if lost in some other world.

"Finally remembered there's a person you caged in your dreamland?" Piya asked with pain and anger. She wanted him to feel bad. She wanted him to regret his doing.

But he stood silent which hurt her even more.

"Care to explain where were you?" Piya gritted.

"I-I th-there..." Abhay stuttered in a cold voice that seemed to be coming from different world.

"Mumbai right?" Piya asked staring deep in his lost eyes.

There came a shock in his eyes that soon passed and blankness overcame.

Piya wanted explanation but all Abhay provide her was silence which was a test for her tired patience.

"So am not allowed to live in Mumbai. Am not allowed to go outside. Am not allowed to work. But you're allowed to do everything. Allowed to work, to meet girls and people. Allowed to go back to Mumbai." Piya shouted with intensity that shook the walls of dark mansion.

Abhay stared her blankly and unblinking.

Piya felt miserable of his silence. It angered her to no extent. She held his collar and stared down his eyes.

"You know what Abhay Khurana?" Piya paused trying to see any kind of emotion in his eyes but there was nothing.

"You are worst than a monster. You're a psycho who can never love anyone," Piya shouted jerking him away.

He stumbled while she looked for his response but there was none and it broke her fragile heart. She forgot he wasn't her best friend anymore.

"You never loved me. You loved controling me. You loved ordering me. You can never love anyone. You're a selfish person who takes pleasure in hurting or ruling others." Piya shouted with tears running down her eyes.

She wanted his comfort, she wanted his support but he took away everything from her and left her with nothing and nothing, not even her heart and soul.

"What are you...." Stuttering Abhay trailed off in disbelief.

But his half words pierced her even more.

"Truth. Am speaking the truth," Piya shouted.

His reaction was breaking her.

"I bloody asked you to listen to me. I thought to give us a chance. I thought to accept our relationship. I thought you'll be happy knowing this and you'll become my Abhay. But I damn forget that there's no us. There's no our relationship but your wishes. That you're not my Abhay. You never were. You are a manipulating monster. You can never understand others. You can never love anyone. Monster, you're a monster" Piya cried in misery. She tried so much but Abhay always messed up their relation.